Associate Director, Process Engineering (Global Engineering Solutions)
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Carlow are currently looking to recruit an Associate Director, Process Engineering (Global Engineering Solutions) for their site.
- Responsible for development of project scope, front-end planning, evaluation of alternative solutions and preliminary designs for manufacturing facilities
- Provides technical guidance during project implementation, assures viability of technology in proposed configuration, adherence to company standards and practices
- Preliminary designs, including P&ID development and HAZOP facilitation
- Leads or supports commissioning and qualification activities
- Participate in the development and review of engineering guidelines, standards, safety/environmental policies, and change request.
- The initial project assignment for this position will be at the site supporting a sterile formulation and filling project for a period of approx. 3 years. During this project, percent of travel is expected to be approx. 20% to engineering firm offices and/or vendor workshops.
- After this initial assignment, travel and flexibility in future project assignment location is required. Assignments may require greater routine travel (>50%) or short term assignments.
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in Engineering or applicable Science
- Minimum 7 years Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry in engineering and/or manufacturing in vaccines or biologics
- Advanced understanding of hygienic, CIP, SIP design and unit operations specific to biologic manufacturing and/or aseptic processing
- Creative, innovative, thinks outside of the box, self-motivated, applies problem-solving skills, and solid base in engineering fundamentals and equipment troubleshooting
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills. Ability to get results in a cross functional environment and has ability to effectively collaborate with and influence partners.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Project/Time Management skills which deliver on-time and quality work
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval