Associate Director Process Engineering
Our client, a pharma company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Associate Director, Process Engineering for their site.
The Associate Director in Global Engineering Solutions is responsible for implementation of capital projects (Process Lead) and studies that support business objectives. Reporting to a Technology Director, the candidate leads capital project Process Engineering activities ranging from early pre-charter activities through execution and close-out utilizing the Capital Management stage gate process with varying degrees of responsibility. The Associate Director collaborates with other Integrated Project Team members (plant operations personnel, outside contractors) and is able to direct the work of suppliers in preparation of project related deliverables. The candidate also leads studies, applies Lean methods, and provides consulting to ongoing projects and existing business operations.
The Associate Director will exhibit advanced leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, is expected to develop and maintain technical knowledge in their respective area(s) of expertise, and provides guidance to assigned engineers. Successful performance requires advance technical knowledge in own field, knowledge in a variety of other areas including new products, processes, systems and facilities, and imaginative and innovative approaches to new and diverse problems.
- Responsible for development of project scope, front-end planning, evaluation of alternative solutions and preliminary designs for manufacturing facilities
- Provides technical guidance during project implementation, assures viability of technology in proposed configuration, adherence to company standards and practices
- Preliminary designs, including P&ID development and HAZOP facilitation
- Leads or supports commissioning and qualification activities
- Participate in the development and review of engineering guidelines, standards, safety/environmental policies, and change request.
- This Associate Director position will have responsibilities for technical inputs into the overall portfolio of Large Molecule capital projects. Experience in Large Molecule unit operation design, start-up, and/or operation is preferred, with understanding/awareness of both Biologics Drug Substance and Sterile Drug Product.
- In this role, periodic travel may be required to engineering firms and/or vendor workshops, with higher percentages of travel required if successful candidate home location is in Cork
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in Engineering or applicable Science
- Minimum 8 years Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry in engineering and/or manufacturing in vaccines or biologics
- Advanced understanding of hygienic, CIP, SIP design and unit operations specific to biologic manufacturing and/or aseptic processing
- Creative, innovative, thinks outside of the box, self-motivated, applies problem-solving skills, and solid base in engineering fundamentals and equipment troubleshooting
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills. Ability to get results in a cross functional environment and has ability to effectively collaborate with and influence partners.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Project/Time Management skills which deliver on-time and quality work
- Your role is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement.
For further information on this Associate Director Process Engineering role in Cork please contact Deirdre on 086 3073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval