Who are the client
Our client are a leading medical device company in Shannon
What will I be doing
- You will drive EHS compliance to corporate and legal standards.
- You will champion Health, Safety and Environmental management to promote a Health and Safety culture.
- As the site's expert resource you will advise on health and safety, environmental and employer liability issues.
- Driving improvements to minimise accidents.
- Responsible for liaising with external enforcing bodies.
- Lead, coach, & mentor EHS team (1 EHS Specialist, 1 EHS intern)
- Take ownership of the organisations ISO14001 & OHSAS18001 Management Systems and ensure that standards and procedures set within these systems are maintained in line with regulatory requirements.
- Promote safe systems of works in line with ISO & OHSAS standards ensuring that safety is placed at the fore of all undertakings by the organisation.
- Promote and champion the organisation Safety Culture Improvement Programme
- Carry out site and facility inspections and audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and work with area leaders to implement improvements.
- Lead and support initiatives to raise awareness and drive a positive culture around H&S through positive affirmation of safe behaviours.
- Keep management informed of all significant regulatory requirements, notable safety weaknesses, and all key safety indicators.
- Facilitate the site EHS Steering Team, working with area leaders to reduce specific risks within their areas
- Coordinate dealings with enforcement agencies and external bodies including the HSA; and Insurers with incidents and accident investigations.
What do I need
- Flexibilitiy to travel to Galway one day per week
- 6-8 experience in an EHS role in a manufacturing environment, preferably medical device
- B.S degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science or equivalent
- Experience working with and/or implementing ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Disciplined approach to activity and self-managed
- Skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval