Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Associate Manufacturing Engineer for their site in Cork.
Leads the innovation and development of assigned manufacturing processes, technology and procedures required for the manufacture and launch of New Products within am an exciting new Technology Centre of Excellence. Conduct and document all necessary research, process development, testing and validation prior to product transfers. Participation in multifunctional product development teams to ensure seamless handover of new products and/or processes to production. Uses concurrent Engineering Techniques/technology whilst also seeking out technology advancements to aid with the process development and qualifications. Continually focused on reducing product time to market and adhering to regulatory requirements, project deadlines and product costs.
Bachelor Engineering Degree (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Materials Science)
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment, sometimes requiring extended work hours.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects.
- Must be able to routinely make decisions which effect immediate operations.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have a good understanding of geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Must be able to generate, follow and explain detailed proposals and operating procedures (i.e. assembly instructions, inspection procedures, capital proposals).
- Must be able to analyze and correct complex product and/or process issues using independent judgement.
- Excellent analytical skills .Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated mechanical and/or materials knowledge & problem solving skills.
- Good computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, data base).
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM/CAE computer systems.
- Working knowledge of statistical methods and process capability.
- Working knowledge of Minitab
Percent Travel Required - Up to 20%
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie