Associate Project Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12875
Associate Project Engineer
The role of the Associate Project Engineer is to work alongside other Project Engineers in the Ostomy Engineering department, to assist and lead projects which support the key initiatives of the Global Engineering team. Projects will include, but not limited to Validation of New Processes, Materials, Product Transfers, New Equipment and New Product Introduction.
The successful candidate will be based in Ballina, and will serve Manufacturing Operations as primary customer. The position will liaise with Global Engineering (GE), New Product Development (NPD), Research and Development (R&D), Quality Assurance (QA), Supply Chain (SCM) & Sustaining Engineering (SE) in order to effectively carry out its responsibilities.
Key responsibilities of the role will include
- Represent Ost Eng BA as a Core or Extended Team Member of key technical projects, in support of GE objectives.
- Lead projects through full project life cycle including: Inception, Project Planning, Charter, Change Control Initiation, Execution and Implementation and Change Control closure, to support Ost Eng objectives.
- Provide technical support in company specific manufacturing technologies to Operations Group, as required.
- Liaise closely with Quality Assurance, Sustaining Engineering, Manufacturing & Supply Chain Departments to ensure efficient execution of projects.
- Mechanical Design: Planning and specifying mechanical machine elements and machines for product manufacture, together with the upgrading or modification of existing or new processes.
- Equipment modification: Designing and implementing cost-effective methods, to help improve safety, reliability and throughput.
- Corporate & Vendor Liaison: Working with external suppliers in design and development of new production equipment and processes.
- Utilising the internal system elements to aid Continuous Improvement in the Ballina Ostomy value streams.
- Problem Solving: Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers – as part of day to day support of the value stream.
- Process/Material/Product Validation: Collaborating with Quality Assurance to write and complete engineering protocols, analyse results, draw conclusions and write reports?
- Primary Degree (Level 8) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 1 Yr experience in a manufacturing company.
- Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Project Management experience and / or formal training.
- Understanding of PLC, Robotics, Vision, Pneumatics and electrical circuits.
- Lean manufacturing principles (SMED and DMAIC techniques).
- 2/3D CAD skills
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Structured problem solving
- Strong communication skills
For further information on this role please contact Dominic Courtney on 0868395533 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval. Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12996 HR Officer My client based in Galway city are hiring a HR officer to support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12964 Senior QC Analyst We are looking to speak with experienced QC Analysts about this great…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12926 GCMS Senior Chemist We are looking to speak with experienced Analytical Chemist about this great…