Our client, a global medical device company is recruiting for an Associate Project Manager to be the leader of a product or technology development project.
- People Management: Manages small/medium sized cross-functional development teams; leads teams effectively through collaboration, alignment, ownership and holding team members accountable; provides input to functional managers on team and team member performance. Influences & satisfies key project stakeholders through each phase of the project.
- Product/Technology Management: Manages the technical challenges of technology application and new product development; proactively identifies, communicates and manages technical risk engaging the key subject matter experts in this process.
- Project/Program Management: Manages key initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing processes; develops and implements project plan, proactively identifies risks and embeds appropriate mitigations into plans, builds team ownership and commitment to project plan, identifies clear decision points and succinctly presents options & recommendations to decision makers with supporting data / rationale.
- Process Management: Follows the Product Life Cycle Process (PLCP) through the Technology &/or Product Development phases and represents Operations on the overall Core Team; leads the Operations team to complete all activities to current policies and practices; keeps documentation organized, creates Scaling Plan and Design History File for the project.
- Communications and Reviews: Responsible for team and cross-functional communications; Ensures appropriate communication is maintained throughout the project with key stakeholders and specific issues / decision points are communicated in a timely manner to the decision makers. Leads phase and business reviews, project meeting minutes, issues log, metrics, and other key communications.
Education, Experience and Skills
- NFQ level 8 degree in a Technical discipline, a Qualification in Project Management and/or a Level 9 (Masters) would be an advantage.
- 4+ years of project management/operations/new product development experience
- Strong experience in project managing significant new product activities that require collaboration with Divisional R&D, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs, Design Assurance, Process Development, Sustaining Engineering and Operations.
- Proven leadership skills in change management and project management.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications to project team and all stakeholders and all levels of the organisation
- Must have proven skills in people management, collaboration, influencing and team building and be efficient with excel
- There will be a requirement as part of the role to travel
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.