Associate Scientist – Normal
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Associate Scientist for their site.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Routine release and stability testing of binding assays (e.g. ELISA and TR-FRET), cell based bioassays (e.g. ADCC assays), process impurities and identity assays for pre-clinical and clinical product development.
- Execution of process impurity assays (e.g. residual host cell protein (HCP), residual DNA (PCR techniques) and residual Protein A).
- Completion of documentation in adherence to GMP.
- Testing to support assay validation/qualification and other studies.
- Laboratory support activities (e.g. reagent qualification), routine passaging of cell lines and general housekeeping.
- Support other projects as assigned, e.g. continuous improvement, automation and operational excellence
- Support troubleshooting and investigations.
- Perform Data Trending to support investigations, demonstrate method capability and product profile.
- Write SOP’s, protocols, work instructions and training modules.
- Other duties as assigned by team lead.
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Practical analytical laboratory experience in a GLP/GMP environment is advantageous.
- Experience of Bioassay/Cell Culture experience is advantageous.
- Familiar with applicable cGMP and other business compliance regulations.
- Customer focus and results and performance driven.
- Sense of Urgency.
- Ability to work well within team structures and provide leadership.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a Degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy or related scientific field is required.
- Knowledge of computer programs such as MS Word, Excel and Minitab.
- Good understanding of quality and attention to detail.
For further information on this Associate Scientist role in Cork please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval