Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Associate Scientist/Analyst for their site.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Perform bioanalytical and physical tests according to procedures in a timely and organized fashion.
- Generation of data and interpretation of results within required due dates for release and stability.
- Perform data review, interpretation and trending.
- Assist with early phase method development and optimization.
- Keep up to date with existing and new SOP's and official documentation.
- Contribute to proper use, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment where applicable.
- Perform investigations; invalid assays, laboratory events and deviations where required.
- Perform other duties as designated by Laboratory Management/Supervision.
- Develop subject matter expertise on assigned analytical techniques.
- Independently write/revise SOP's or other official documentation and reports, when required.
- Execute independently assigned projects.
- Take an active role in Continuous Improvement, identify and drive improvement initiatives.
- Train / coach other lab personnel.
- A BSc, MSc or PhD in Biotechnology or a related field.
- Expertise in 'large molecule' (Biologics) field is required.
- Experience in separations analytical technologies is preferred but not essential.
- Experience in Lean Tools/Project Management is a benefit.
- Analytical skills required to troubleshoot laboratory issues.
- Customer focus and result driven.
- Efficient, flexible and dynamic.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within team structures and provide leadership is required.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval