Contact: Niamh Hlubek
Telephone: 086 8168298
Associate Scientist/Analyst - Contract
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Associate Scientist for their site on a contract basis.
The department is responsible for Tox release testing, Clinical release and stability testing for drug substance and drug product, and Stability Lifecycle management. The Clinical release & stability department in Cork, Ireland, is responsible for the analytical testing for biotechnology products.
- Perform analytical and/or biochemical tests according to international pharmacopeial, regulatory and corporate standards in a timely and organized fashion.
- Generate data and interpret results within required due dates for release and stability.
- Perform data review.
- Keep up to date with existing and new SOP’s and official documentation.
- Contribute to proper use, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform investigations, where required, for deviations, Out-of-Specification Results etc.
- Perform sample management activities. Coordinate receipt and distribution of samples throughout the laboratories. Perform other duties as designated by Laboratory Management. Develop subject matter expertise on assigned analytical techniques.
- Independently write/revise SOP’s or other official documentation and reports, when required.
- Execute independently assigned projects.
- Train / coach other analysts and new personnel.
- Education and Experience/Competencies
- A Bachelor Degree or Masters Qualification in Chemistry, Biology or a related field with knowledge of analytics and/or stability.
- At least 2-3 years of industry experience.
- Practical analytical laboratory experience in a GMP environment is required.
- A good basic knowledge of some of the following techniques (SEC-HPLC, ELISA SDS-PAGE, Capillary SDS, Residual Moisture, pH, Turbidity and or Bioassays) is an advantage. A knowledge of Sample Management is an advantage. Experience with LIMS systems is desirable. High attention to detail.
- Analytical skills to troubleshoot laboratory issues are an asset.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval