Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an Automation and Controls Engineer for their site.
- To own, engineer, implement and maintain highly capable & effective automated manufacturing processes that meet business goals and objectives, in conjunction with providing the wider technical / engineering support necessary. Initiate value improvement projects and responsible for all software activities associated with
- Manufacturing Equipment / Automated Systems
- Provide design, technical and operational support to all operations' processes
- Problem Solve and Debug of Manufacturing systems.
- Backup all PLC programs plant wide
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors for support debugging and improvement projects.
- Develop, debug and validate control system software programs such as NC programming, cognex, vision, Oracle DB, PLC, HMI etc.
- Analyse, understand, fault find and modify automation software
- Review/Approval of all Computer Systems/Software Validation Documentation.
- Take ownership of existing control systems on site, become an expert in these systems, and initiate value improvement projects.
- Prepare software design specifications, and associated documentation for equipment and systems.
- Implement code changes to the automation systems under change control.
- Lead initiatives in the standardization of automated systems and equipment
- Develop URS and FDS documents for existing equipment
- Preparation of engineering standards/specifications for the plant
- Demonstrate good working knowledge and application of validation techniques and associated regulatory requirements
- Work as member of a core team to help resolve open issues drive process improvements in design, layout and operational performance
- Provision of out-of-hours support to the business as required by management or as mandated by shutdowns and/or equipment failures.
- Ensure Quality compliance for all in house and contract maintenance activities.
- Liaise with maintenance technicians re project and process engineering work.
- Assist with the identification and Implementation of training requirements
- Implement continuous improvement projects
- Proof of concept for new processes or process improvement (simulation rigs and test environments/protocols for software, electrical & electromechanical)
- In house development of new projects and system updates (simplex)
- Technical engagement with Business Unit SMEs
- Develop debug and support TFA Oracle application
- Develop and install standardized code for proprietary use within the organization (PLC device logic, HMI faceplates etc.) i.e. OEE
- Develop & support connectivity solutions for all OEM equipment onto networks to facilitate data acquisition & remote support.
- Engage and participate on the delivery of the BU KPI's
- Degree or equivalent in relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.), with a minimum of 10 years automation experience in a team based regulated manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements and current Health and Safety Regulations and legislation.
- A proven track record in designing, commissioning , validating and maintaining PLC, SCADA, DCS and equivalent type systems.
- Demonstrable analytical & problem solving skills using recognised methodologies, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Project Management skillset would be a distinct advantage.
- A confident and effective decision maker, with a proven leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills
- A team player, with a flexible approach.
- Clearly demonstrable ability to work autonomously
- Technological pioneer, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances on the floor
- There may be a requirement as part of the role to travel to other sites
For further information on this Automation and Controls Engineer role in Cork please contact Anne on 0212066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval