Automation & Controls Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an Automation & Controls Engineer for their site.
The Role You will be Working with Equipment Engineering and in conjunction with Manufacturing and R&D, develops new Automated manufacturing and test equipment and systems used in the development and production of medical devices. Independently or as member of a team; develops specifications, designs, plans and builds complex manufacturing and test automated equipment and software systems. The Role is primarily based in Galway, a World Class Facility, although traveling abroad may be required from time to time and for short periods. Working times are Monday to Friday; Weekend work may be required.
- Defines Control Platform and Delivers Software Development for new designs and equipment updates, Participates in Equipment Design reviews, delivers equipment documentation under my clients quality SOPs and following GDP.
- Leads and/or Participates on cross-functional Design Reviews.
- Manages projects and portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost-effective solutions.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgraded equipment.
- Ensures best machine control practices are employed in new designs and updates
- Develops New PLC, HMI/SCADA, Database Code or portion of Code from scratch or following existing standards
- Supervises and/or contribute the Electrical and Safety design of new Equipment.
- Leads and/or Participates in Equipment Troubleshooting Activity
Qualifications & Experience
- Candidates are required to hold an Engineer Degree equivalent to or above NFQ Level 8.
- Candidates are required to have a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
Required Technical Skills
- PLC Programming for Machine Automation – RSLogix
- HMI/SCADA Design – Rockwell – Factorytalk View
- PID Design and Tuning.
- Servo Control.
- Machine Electrical & Safety Design as per European Machinery Directive and derivate Standards.
- Project Management Skills
- VB6 & VBA programming.
- VB.NET & Object Orientated Programming.
- T-SQL Programming.
- LabView Development.
- Medical Device or Pharmaceutical Industry.
For further information on this Engineer role in Clare please Caroline Kingston on 0868395531 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.