Telephone: 086 8395531
Automation & Facilities Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Co Galway are currently looking to recruit an Automation & Facilities Engineer for their site.
- The role of the Electrical/Automation Engineer is to support the technical team in Assembly, and provide expertise on all Electrical and control systems within the facility.
- The individual must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with any of the following PLCs: Siemens S5 & S7, etc.; and HMI or SCADA programming and configuration
- This person will provide the company with the technical resource and expertise to ensure that current and future equipment is maintained, upgraded and protected - “future proof” against obsolescence and changes/upgrades to hardware/software.
- The individual must have strong Project Management expertise and an ability to lead a multi discipline project team on a range of projects
- Ideally the individual will also have a mechanical aptitude and an excellent understanding of mechanical automated equipment.
- Oversee all facilities maintenance actions, budget and team.
- Control Engineer should have a Degree in Electrical Engineering/Automation with at least 57 years’ experience in programming machine or process control with a good knowledge of both electrical and mechanical design.
- The applicant ideally would have experience in machine building environment and have the ability to work in a high pressure manufacturing environment.
- The applicant should have experience with the following applications - Program Ladder logic PLCs, Siemens S5 and S7 PLCs.
- Experience in Project Management, and leading a cross functional team on various projects
- Experience with Program & install M.I.S and HMIs SCADA packages and Interface panels.
- Experience in the areas of programming and installing Robotic application for Palletising, Packing, Pick & place and continuous motion assembly machines.
- Exposure with Visions applications – Cognex cameras - insight. To be able to program and install servo systems and configure the install networks including Ethernet networks.
- Acquire a detailed understanding of all of the different automation systems
- Implement code changes on the automation systems under change control.
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support and educate our technical team in manufacturing and other engineering disciplines on automation related issues.
- Operate according to SOPs developed for site engineering and maintenance.
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation projects to improve performance of the assembly machines – Increasing OME/reducing scrap.
- Generate documentation and SOPs associated with each of the Automation systems as required, and provide technical training to the Technician/TL/Maintenance team
- Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation projects within CAPEX budget and corporate guidelines.
- Support operations & Quality with technical queries
- Work on a list of continuous improvement project, to drive performance improvement in the Assembly area
- Have demonstrated experience in Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement programmes
- Work to enhance the preventative maintenance programme and be the owner of the PM schedule and content, and co-ordinate PM activities with the technical team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensure compliance to the Health and Safety, Quality Environmental and Energy
- Management systems
- B.Sc. degree in Electrical/Automation Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation discipline.
- Minimum 5+ experience in Manufacturing Environment working as an Electrical or Automation Engineer
- Experienced with distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and vision systems in operating environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Strong team player, self-motivated, can-do attitude and career orientated.
- Excellent problem skills with attention to detail.
- Should have a good knowledge of the principles of 5S, SMED, and Kaizen
For further information on this Automation & Facilities Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval