Our client a leading MNC is recruiting for an Automation Engineer. The successful candidate will work closely with the Software Manager within the Electrical Design department, with responsibilities in the following areas:
• Crane automation software development based on crane hardware designs.
• Crane automation software architecture.
• Crane HMI/SCADA system integration and development.
• Evaluation of suitable automation systems.
• Manage work schedules and monitor work load, provide progress reports to the Software Manager.
Key Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide automation solutions for both new and existing cranes (automation and core crane control systems).
- Liaise with electrical design engineers and other design disciplines to prepare system requirements and to develop/document software solutions to meet business compliance and performance requirements.
- Liaise with field commissioning engineers to provide support controlled updating of version controlled software/documentation.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a Good Engineering Practice platform for effective delivery of projects.
- Liaise with software developers to prepare software integration requirements, where necessary document interface protocols and build software interface modules.
- Develop/review crane software architecture with focus on object oriented version controlled solutions.
- Participate in risk assessments and to help provide solutions for new features/hardware.
- Liaise with production and installation departments to ensure assembly and testing of automation systems are carried out to the necessary standards.
- Liaise with the service department to support in the training of personnel on new systems and provide support to resolve customer complaints.
- Occasional overseas travel as required.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Software Manager on an ongoing basis as is required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Min Level 7 degree in any of the following disciplines: Software/ Automation / Electrical / Electronic / mechatronic Engineering.
- Knowledge in the following areas a distinct advantage:
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
- Previous experience architecting PLC/DCS systems in an object orientated fashion.
- Previous experience with scripting languages.
- Previous experience with PLC bus systems (Profinet/Profibus/CAN bus/Modbus etc.)
- Risk analysis and safety compliance related to the PLC control and understanding of Performance Levels (PLr / SIL).
- Experience with ABB PLC’s.
- Experience and good understanding of IP industrial networking and system communications.
- SCADA systems application/development
- Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing).
- Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions.
- Ability to manage project requirements and schedules.
- Work as necessary in the heavy machinery environment at container terminals and assist with crane commissioning.
- Ability to work at heights.
For further information on this Engineer role in Kerry please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.