Automation Application Engineer
Our client a leading MNC located in Kerry is recruiting for an Automation Application Engineer.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Software Manager within the Electrical Design department, with responsibilities in the following areas:
- Crane automation systems development based on crane hardware designs.
- Crane automation systems architecture.
- Integration of crane control systems with third-party equipment, instrumentation and with terminal operating systems.
- Manage work schedules and monitor work load, provide progress reports to the Software Manager.
Key Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Analysis of customer requirements to identify project automation requirements
- Distinguish between project specific or new requirements and standard requirements (solution requiring development work and solutions available and tested on previous projects).
- Manage automation requirements and ensure all requirements are fulfilled.
- Maintain / update project schedule to ensure the project is delivered on time.
- document automation functions and present to customers.
- Design the crane automation support systems e.g. fibre and copper network infrastructure, PLC bus systems (Profinet, CANbus, Modbus, Interbus).
- manage the integration of automation sub systems and solutions, to ensure overall automation function is delivered.
- Ensure electrical design engineers are aware of electrical requirements, where necessary prepare electrical interface drawings.
- Ensure software developers are aware of the software integration requirements, where necessary document interface protocols and build software interface modules.
- Ensure software developers are aware of crane monitoring requirements for automation systems, where necessary document requirements and verify implementation.
- Ensure commissioning engineers are aware of automation functions and provide any necessary support and documentation required during the commissioning process.
- Liaise with production and installation departments to ensure assembly and testing of automation systems are carried out to the necessary standards.
- liaise with the service department to support in the training of personnel on new systems and provide support to resolve customer complaints.
- here new development is required, participate in selection and testing of suitable sub-systems and new technologies.
- Where necessary prepare and execute on-site tests at selected customer ports.
- Create BOM’s for automation equipment.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Min Level 7 degree in any of the following disciplines: Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering.
- Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing)
- Confident at challenging the status quo and open to adapting new technologies or techniques.
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
- SCADA systems development knowledge.
- Risk analysis and safety compliance related to the PLC control and understanding of Performance Levels (PLr / SIL).
- Familiarity with Zuken E3 or similar drawing package.
- Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions.
- Ability to manage project requirements and schedules.
- Project management experience an advantage.
- Experience with ABB PLC’s an advantage.
- Work as necessary in the heavy machinery environment at container terminals and assist with crane commissioning.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Ability to work at heights.
For further information on this Engineer role in Kerry please contact Dee Curley on 0867902191 /email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.