Our client, a food company in Northern Ireland are currently looking to recruit a Automation Contols Engineer for their site in Armagh.
To provide site-wide process control system support, maintenance and system development. Updating & back up of site PLC’s, and the associated Scada hardware & software infrastructure.
Responsibilities required of the Automation Engineer;
- Fault diagnosis & trouble shooting on Site Automation Networks & systems as required, to include as follows:
- PCS7 and Siemens S7 equipment,
- Ethernet networks.
- ASi, DP & PA networks.
- Document & Maintain Scada Maintenance Records
- Provide updates to respective Site Departments on
- System Changes and new implementations
- Current status and plan for minor outstanding automation issues.
- Identify and maintain best practices for the upkeep and maintenance of the sites Automated Software systems.
- Plan & execution of minor system changes/programming to improve system operational efficiency & effectiveness.
- Monitor & Maintenance of Site Automation security, to include system access passwords.
- Monitor & Maintenance of Site Instrumentation Log, ensuring critical instruments are routinely calibrated by external vendors.Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Drive & Implement minor projects to improve the site’s Scada infrastructure.
- Development and preparation of Functional Design Specifications to include validation and evaluation documentation for the maintenance of control systems and networks;
- Working closely with the Site Engineering & Project Teams, drive & execute routine site upgrades of Scada Software and Hardware systems.
- Providing guidance to the Senior Management Team on best practices and methodology for execution of complete system upgrades this would also include:
- The compilation of documentation & presenting information from External vendors on the options available.
- The most effective approach to upgrading the sites Automation Infrastructure.
- Provide the Key link between site Teams and external parties.
- Ensure best practice is maintained & implemented for the installation of the new systems/equipment.
- Monitor and maintain the site process control hardware and software system
- Facilitate the stock control of engineering stores
- Update machine histories and other maintenance records as work is undertaken
- Able to maintain records accurately and legibly
- Following repair / maintenance / installation ensure settings or calibrations are correct and report immediately any conditions that may impinge upon finished product quality
Must have experience and a wide range of knowledge in electronic and software programmes to include:
- P&ID control loops
- Profibus communication systems
- Variable speed drives, motor over loads/contactor
- Profibus DP/PA, AS-I and Ethernet networks components and Architecture
- WinCC Systems
- HMI networks
- Tuning PID Loop
- Degree qualified - preferably Electrical / Electronic / Chemical Engineering or other closely related discipline.
- Manufacturing environment experience
- Process industry experience
- Siemens PLC knowledge required S5, S7 PLC programming, General programming of several PLC manufacturers
- Ability to produce Plant and Instrument Drawings (P&IDs)
- Excellent communication skills
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.