Our client in Athlone is recruiting for a Automation PLC Engineer to join the existing Engineering Department.
The position of PLC Software Engineer requires someone with strong proven design skills from either a materials handling background (Conveyor based systems) or a machinery automation background and should have at least 5 years’ relevant experience and an Engineering degree (electrical/electronic/software/industrial). The core of this experience should incorporate design of PLC systems from concept to completion.
Duties and responsibilities to include the following:
- Customisation & Development of our product range to meet varying customer needs in the pharmaceutical, food, automotive and electronics industries.
- A thorough knowledge and experience of the following: Ladder Logic, STL, Visual Basic, Machine/System Control with PLCs/PC, SQL Databases and SCADA systems.
- A thorough knowledge of networking with added emphasis on Ethernet TCP/IP, Profibus DP, ASi, Devicenet and ControlNet.
- Experience in material handling (conveyor systems, lifts and cranes, Robotic palletising and pick and place) will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience with material flow control software, interface with IT systems will be an added advantage.
- Project Management and Leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Trouble shooting and problem resolution.
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines and to a high standard
- Good working knowledge of current Safety legislation and European directives.
- Ability to construct technical manuals and documentation.
- Capability of working on own initiative or as part of project team.
- MS office, Word, Excel, electronic mail etc.
- A knowledge of ABB or Fanuc robots and awareness of other robot manufacturer programming would be an advantage
For further information on this Automation PLC Engineer role in Athlone, please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 0863073779 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval