Our Client are looking to hire a PLC Automation Engineer for a permanent contract for their Galway site.
This Engineer will have hands-on experience providing day-to-day site support as well as implementing code changes under site change control and project work within the manufacturing facility.
Control Systems Requirement:
This role will involve dealing with various control systems and Technologies of which some are listed below.
- Allen Bradley PLC-5
- Allen Bradley SLC 500
- Allen Bradley Control Logix
- ASI/ControlNet/Data Highway Bus systems
- Emerson servo systems
- CTI and Allen Bradley PanelViews
Required skills, knowledge & experience
- Strong experience with code development and generation.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting ability on the above systems and on high speed automated assembly machines.
- Experience troubleshooting faulty electrical components.
- Programming, calibration and maintenance of robots
- Strong background in providing technical support to multiple lines and record issue resolutions.
- Experience developing and maintaining machine PLC programs as well as commissioning changes related to the above control systems.
- Strong experience required on Allen Bradley platforms to include Control Logix, SLC500, PLC5 PLCs from a programming and troubleshooting point of view.
- Experience on Rockwell?s, Panel Builder, ControlNet, Data Highway and various Factory Talk packages. Good experience on Wonderware Intouch SCADA programming and troubleshooting.
- Experience relating to documentation (develop, update URS, FDS etc.)
- Common knowledge on Regulatory Agencies? standards and guidelines e.g. GAMP, ISO etc.
- Experience with Process Improvement tools, application of Lean projects, Structured Problem Solving Techniques and SPC and experience in development of Process Control Plans.
- Previous experience working with other departments and functions such as Quality, EHS, Engineering, Manufacturing etc.
- Excellent customer relations skills having previously dealt with customers or stakeholders within the business and an ability to satisfy demanding customer requirements.
- Experience working to performance targets and to deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative or in a team environment.
- Enjoys a challenge
- Fast Learner
- Works well under pressure
- Enjoys working with people, good people, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Suitability degree qualified, experienced engineer
- Minimum of 3-5 years manufacturing experience or equivalent.
- Experience in a highly automated manufacturing desirable & good knowledge of the Process Automation / I.T industry.
For further information on this PLC Automation Engineer in Galway Please Contact Deborah Counihan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our Hero Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: Hero Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval