Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Automation Engineer for their site.
Working as part of the equipment group, the engineer will be accountable for the generating control Schematics introduction of automated equipment used in our manufacturing and new technologies process. Working from proof of concepts development through to achieving production KPI's - generating all relevant documentation, including validations. Ongoing support of existing processes in including equipment failure mode reduction on legacy equipment. The role will require a proven track record in validation with customer interaction.
- Control system design for Industrial Automation equipment from concept stage.
- Design Automation Control electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Liaise with Production during initial machine manufacture.
- Production of support documentation including BOMs and manuals.
- Debugging of plc programs
- Researching solutions to existing process problems
- Technical support to Production
- Validation and delivery of completed systems
- Installation and facilities duties
- Maintain high quality / compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements within the company.
- Ensure goals and objectives are met and understood by effective communication, building an atmosphere of openness, honesty and flexibility with individuals and within the team environment.
- Manage external relationships with technology providers / Suppliers.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled Researching solutions to existing process problems
- Engineering degree, or equivalent qualification, preferably with 3 to 5yrs experience in generating control schematics.
- Strong technical background and capabilities.
- Motivated to work on own initiative and the ability to make and implement decisions.
- Knowledge of ISO and FDA compliance with emphasis on validation.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems with innovative and cost effective solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of equipment and process validation
- Experience in programming IEC 61131 compliant PLC language
- Ability to design control systems using 2 or 3D-CAD.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of, or lead a team.
- Excellent Knowledge of CE Standards.
For further information on this Automation Engineer role please contact Anne on 0212066287 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval