Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an Automation Engineer for their site.
- To design and fabricate automation technologies (custom machines, upgrades/retrofits and robotics conveyor systems and automation lines) to factory approved standards within the company.
- To work as part of the project team from design concept to implementation of custom built solutions.
Role & Responsibilities
- To evaluate process related problems and develop a precise design statement/brief.
- To develop concept designs with estimate of costs as part of the capital requisition process.
- To present design concepts for formal review. Develop scope of solution and review of costs.
- To complete 3D modelling of machine design specifying Actuators / Hardware / Control systems.
- Finalize capital spend and prepare capital requisition documentation.
- To present all aspects of design as part of formal machine design review process.
- Complete capital requisition.
- To procure quality components at appropriate cost and complete/oversee fabrication/wiring for machine build. To complete/oversee PLC programming / HMI programming and functional testing.
- To ensure all new machine builds are fully calibrated ( ie temperature controllers / pressure gauges / force sensors etc ).
- To perform detailed process review, establishing process development criteria. & operating ranges for the machines.
- To complete detailed technical reports and approval documentation for release of new technologies to manufacturing.
- To fully comply with all aspects of the GMIL Health & Safety Management System.
- Level 8 Engineering degree with 3+ years' experience or Level 7 Degree with 5+ years' experience in Automation Engineering.
- Extensive experience in designing fabricating and commissioning new machine technologies
- Experience and proficiency in PLC programming is desirable and a distinct advantage
- Experience with vision systems, robotics, data handling and SolidWorks 3D Modelling will be a distinct advantage
- Strong communications skills, creative and innovative
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
- Self motivated self starter, can be left to work on own projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player.
- Strong attention to detail and technical report writing skills.
For further information on this Automation role in Galway please contact Anne Gough on 0212066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval