Contact: Caroline Kingston
Telephone: 086 8395531
Automation Engineer - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit an Automation Engineer for their site on a contract basis.
- Development of machine design control systems including servo motion and high speed device integration.
- Develop, test and install PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment
- Develop User, Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Develop high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Work within a cross functional multidiscipline team environment.
- Participates within project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Lead Automation team as part of a project, to deliver robust technical solutions as per project timelines
- Fault-find complex automation equipment
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of code to Medical Device standards
- Prioritize multiple tasks while working to tight schedules
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop machine control software involving servo pneumatic and data control.
- Participate among cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
- Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify automation software
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, plan and execute multiple tasks to tight schedules
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to document own work clearly and precisely
- Strong communication skills
Other Skills, Abilities and Education
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science OR equivalent
- 5/6 years’ experience working with automated control systems as part of a machine design team.
- Strong PLC background in Allen Bradley ControlLogix 5000, APT, Siemens S7, Elau, Pilz Safety PLCs and Wonderware Intouch/ArchestrA HMI software.
- Additional knowledge of Servo Motion Control, printer systems, vision systems, robotics, BCR, data analytics and RFID systems would be beneficial
- Accustomed to working in a validated environment with strong discipline with regard to change control
For further information on this Automation Engineer role in Limerick please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval