Job ID: JOB-12007
Our client in Galway is hiring for an Automation Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for supporting Automation components of the manufacturing process with the strong culture of robotic and AGV applications whilst continually enriching the operator interfaces. Eliminating hazardous processes in manufacturing and driving continuous safety improvement and showing a passion for new technologies and automation process control.
- Part of the Automation project team building turnkey automated cells utilising the onsite Automation center of excellence to prove out concepts for deployment.
- Provide PLC support to run and maintain the automated cells in production.
- Support an MDI culture and A3 problem solving to achieve Automated Cell Takt time.
- Ensure compliance with and maintenance of SOP’s and technical documentation.
- Engage with EH&S Risk Assessments, PFMEA and comply with TT BOS.
- Support systems to ensure site backups, images, disaster recovery, procedures, cyber security, data integrity etc.
- Installing and placing new or upgraded equipment into operations. Develops solutions for automation problems and shows problem solving abilities.
- Generation and execution of documents such as User Requirements Specification’s, Design Specifications, FAT, SAT, Operating Manuals
- Change Implementer – Can-Do attitude. Executes strategic change. Lean mindset. Identifies and eliminates waste.
- Communication – clearly communicates project team expectations, demonstrates conflict resolution skills, and collaborate with multiple internal and external partners.
- Relationship builder – Builds relationships within & outside own workgroup. Engages Stakeholders. Establishes Trust and cross functional engagement.
- Have a proven track record in driving continuous improvement and a passion for new technologies / automation / process control. Critically prepares and evaluates information to generate innovative solutions.
- Strong Collaboration and Communication Skills
- Self-motivated – Self driven, takes total ownership
- Degree qualification Controls, Electrical, Electronic, Manufacturing Engineering or similar
- Over 5 years’ experience in an automated environment with a proven track record of success
- PLC key skills using Rockwell and Siemens PLC’s including safety PLC versions and having a skills using TIA portal software and RS Logix or Studio 5000.
- Experience with FANUC and ABB robot integration.
- Knowledge and experience with EtherNet/IP, ProfiNet and ASi communication networks.
- Design of control systems including safety related system. Full documentation. Eplan skills desired.
- Familiarity with EN standards and regulations.
- Skill set in business case development and selling to stakeholders.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Ciaran Fahy on 0874108620/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12034 Manufacturing/Process Engineer II Location: Clare Reporting to: Engineering Manager Purpose Statement The person taking up…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12033 SOURCING ENGINEER Our Client, a global leader in Medical Devices are seeking to attract a…
Job ID: JOB-11903 Recruitment Consultant HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Galway office. Our company is a…