Our client a leading MNC located in Kerry is recruiting for an Automation Engineer.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Software Manager within the electrical design department, with responsibilities in the following areas:
• Crane Management System integration and development.
• Manage work schedules and monitor work load, provide progress reports to the Software Manager.
Key Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with Electrical and Software Design Engineers and other disciplines to prepare system requirements and develop/ document Crane Management System requirements.
- Evaluate market and benchmark potential solutions based on existing scada systems.
- Evaluate and development of HMI systems including operator display and touch screens.
- Work as part of a team to integrate new systems into new and existing cranes.
- Liaise with PLC Software Developers to prepare software integration requirements; where necessary document interface protocols and build software interface modules.
- Liaise with Field Commissioning Engineers to provide support for roll out and updates of software on new or existing systems.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a Good Engineering Practice platform for effective delivery of projects.
- Work as necessary in the heavy machinery environment at container terminals and assist with crane commissioning.
- Occasional overseas travel as required.
- Where necessary, prepare and execute on-site investigations and tests at selected customer sites.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Software Manager on an ongoing basis as is required.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Min Level 7 degree in any of the following disciplines: Software Development / Automation / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering.
- Knowledge in the following areas a distinct advantage:
- SCADA systems application/development
- HMI development (machine operator interaction)
- Object orientated Programming
- Software development using .Net Framework
- Programming knowledge and experience of Safety and Non-safety PLC systems using Codesys.
- Development of graphics
- Previous experience with scripting languages.
- Experience with ABB PLC’s.
- Experience and good understanding of IP industrial networking and system communications.
- Strong communication and reporting skills (verbal and in writing).
- Ability to analyse problems and derive solutions.
- Ability to manage project requirements and schedules.
For further information on this Engineer role in Kerry please contact Tommy McKeown on 0860100903 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.