Job ID: JOB-12982
Machine Safety Automation Engineer
Location – Limerick
The Machine Safety Automation Engineer will ensure changes are designed, developed and implemented in safety compliant manner while driving and developing own and business awareness of machine safety requirements.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure changes meets corporate and regulatory requirements from a Machine Safety & Risk Management perspective
- Develop / Approve of Design and qualification of machine safety changes.
- Carry out Machine Risk Assessments as per ISO 12100 / ISO 14121-1
- Manage essential project documentation from design through to inspection and verification documentation ensuring cross functional alignment.
- Standardisation of vendor quality of safety documentation design through to build.
- Maintain a high standard of documentation in relation to all activities
- Promote a proactive EHS Culture
- The ideal candidate will a self-starter who can drive and manage projects/changes while collaborating with relevant stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are met to defined schedules.
Qualifications and Experience
- Third level qualification Degree in Engineering with a background in Electrical Engineering and machine safety a distinct advantage
- 5/6 years’ experience working with automated control systems as part of a machine design team.
- Strong Safety PLC experience in Allen Bradley GuardLogix, Pilz. Experience in identifying corrective actions and solutions for EHS hazards and risks identified during risk assessments
- Experience in the completion of electrical inspection and verification test protocols.
- Working knowledge of Irish H&S and Environmental Legislation and regulations
Key Competencies required
- Ability to work independently (a self-starter) or in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Project Management, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation skills – Influencing skills – Team player
Please contact Mairead Clarke on 0861287245 or email email@example.com to discuss further
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13237 Design Assurance Engineer II – Galway We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Design…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13236 Vision Scientist – Galway Job Purpose Our client is a market leader in light intelligent…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13216 More than the opportunity of a lifetime……the opportunity to improve lives For more than 35…