Our client, an electronics company in Clare are currently looking to recruit an Automation Engineering Team Lead for their site in Clare.
The purpose of the role is to lead the Automation and Equipment Development Engineers to ensure the required service is being delivered to both Manufacturing and the New Product Development Teams. This role will require an individual who will research and seek out the most up to date technologies to ensure our equipment investments are risk managed and future proofed. The role involves many technical, but also people focused objectives such as resource planning, workload prioritisation, process change validation and establishing the training requirements to ensure Automation Engineering skills are kept up to date with the evolving technologies that enable operational excellence.
- Coach and mentor team members to cultivate a learning environment that enables and encourages innovation, study and experimentation.
- Understand business goals and develop Automation strategies that will enable the accomplishment of these goals.
- Provide leadership on machine safety and electrical safety standards.
- Direct experience and in-depth knowledge of Servo drives, Electric cylinders, Vision systems, Robots, PLC's (Siemens, Omron, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi) and other automation devices.
- Control system upgrades i.e. PLC program upgrades to install industrial communications, integrate vision, test and other devices onto automated processes.
- Identifying opportunities where automation controls and devices technology can benefit and enhance productivity.
- Managing automation projects including overseeing all external automation contractors.
- Provide quotes for all systems and automation requirements.
- Collaborates to evolve key concepts with vendors, NPD Teams and Manufacturing.
- Mitigates risks using appropriate tools such as FMEA, Prototyping, Proof of principle etc.
- Supports new product teams by providing costing information for new business tenders.
- Develop systems that enable data gathering and analysis that drive both manufacturing and operational efficiency i.e. MII, MMS, CBM \ IoT.
- Continuously review the Automation and Equipment development process and develop defined processes as required.
- Ensure project schedules are always available and communicated effectively.
- Engage and collaborate with automation groups within the division, the company and the market to ensure quotes and concepts are best in class.
- Preferably engineering degree qualified with a minimum of 5 years? industry experience, developing automated processes and systems
- Proven track record leading teams and developing innovative solutions that have resolved complex technical and business problems.
- Ability to develop theories and propositions as a means to initiate discussion and develop action plans.
- Direct experience and knowledge of PLC programming and device integration such as Robots, Vision, Servos, Laser marking, Test systems etc.
- SCADA development experience in the Wonderware suite of products (Intouch, System Platform).
- General understanding of equipment validation protocols such as URS, FDS, SDS, FAT, SAT.
- Experience and knowledge of 3D Design software would be an advantage.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to maintain excellent working relationships.
- Critical thinking ability and able to analyse and solve complex problems.
- Strong communicator with the ability to develop and articulate an effective flow of ideas and information, that generates understanding and creates a climate in which others are informed, engaged and want to participate. Collaborates across the organisation at all levels.
- Take ownership and is accountable for their group and work.
- Develops strategic plans and executes on a tactical level, in alignment with organisational goals.
- Acts decisively and challenges others appropriately with the ability to lead their team through change effectively.
- Ability to adopt a systemic view of process improvement.
For further information on this Automation Engineering Team in Clare please contact Tracy Lenihan on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie