Our client, a Food and Beverage company in Ballina Co Mayo is currently looking to recruit an Automation Manager for their site.
This role will be responsible for
- Automation manufacturing systems and ensuring that the necessary automation skills & resources are available within the Automation Team to meet business needs.
- The management of capital, revenue and internal / external resources to support process control systems operation, process improvements, process maintenance and process infrastructure development through a team of highly qualified PLC, software and control engineers.
- Ensuring the reliability and integrity of PLC automation and manufacturing processes.
- Ensure both process and PLC automation integrity in support of capacity objectives of 15-20M SUN
- Manage cross functional teams comprising internal associates and / or external consultants / contractors.
- Liase with leadership team, managers, regulatory bodies, external consultant and technology authorities.
- Remain at leading edge of automation and process technologies.
- As a key member of the Engineering management team the Automation Manager will support the overall Engineering function.
- Provide automation systems support capability, project management and computer systems validation expertise, and maintain relevant control systems skills.
- Develop and maintain a “road map” for system development and estimates for associated capital expenditure.
- Ensure that the team is up to date with relevant automation technologies and that advantageous technological initiatives are included in the capital planning process.
- Develop and maintain relevant system standards in line with local and Corporate requirements.
- Co-ordinate the activities of software and automation engineers, providing prioritisation on projects / tasks and production support.
- Manage automation vendors and contractors including system support contracts and external access arrangements.
- Consolidate long term plans for control system maintenance and improvements
- Manage validations and approve associated documentation and specifications.
- University/Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Chemical Engineering, Chartered (preferred)
- Demonstrated capability to lead and manage high calibre technical professionals
- Commercially aware of both business and operational dynamics
- A minimum of 5 years experience working with manufacturing automation systems.
- Project management experience of automation projects in a batch environment, using a GAMP project lifecycle.
- Experience in project management, design, installation, commissioning and validation of automation projects in food, chemical or life sciences industries.
- Expert knowledge of manufacturing automation and experience of batch systems.
- Problem solving mindset with experience of continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Performance Management and People Development.
- Budget control.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to prioritise accordingly.
- Occasional overnight travel required
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.