Telephone: 087 2197421
Factory Automation / Project Manager
Our client, an automation company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Factory Automation / Project Manager for their site.
- Managing Capital Projects both locally and globally with responsibility for the design of manufacturing strategies and platforms for our client base.
- Partnering with client R&D depts. on new product introductions with a view to Project Managing the acquisition, deployment and commissioning of bespoke High-Volume Automation.
- Develops automation solutions and associated business cases based upon existing knowledge, and leveraging industry and other sites capabilities.
- Assists clients with identification of automation engineering projects across the global network that would increase customer value through either improved quality, capacity or cost.
- Responsible for coordinating activities with customer and other sites to ensure maximization of resources and efficiencies across the New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
- Responsible for overall management and success of the automation component of NPI function and its ability to transition and support products and processes to manufacturing.
- Project management and coordination of activities of a technical/automated manufacturing nature involving the analysis and modification of manufacturing methods to improve quality or cost of manufacturing or support services, mfg. Processes, efficiencies, technical capabilities, engineering support, or for unique customer requirements. Project management may take place within the entire department, a sub-team within the department, across a Global Business Unit, etc.
- Provides the necessary engineering support and coordination of automated equipment design, development, build, installation, commissioning/validation and sustaining to world class O.E.E. to ensure that new automated manufacturing programs are completed on time and on budget.
- Provides feedback to appropriate site engineering and support groups to ensure smooth transition from manual to automated manufacturing operations.
- Accountable to supporting the business units with all technical issues that arise relative to purchased equipment and materials during the NPI phase. Most of the time is spent developing best practice procedures, specifications, plans, conducting activities or reviewing different levels of automated assemblies.
- Responsible for providing technical advice to site engineering groups and with customers to facilitate planning, determine technical direction or solve technical complex mechanical problems.
- Responsible for understanding the customer’s technical roadmap and identifying and managing new customer-specific equipment and / or process development projects. Understands and influences customer’s technical requirements.
- Identifies and manages new customer-specific process / equipment development projects. Owns the development schedule. Interacts with the customer on DFM with the goal of reducing manufacturing cost and improving quality and reliability of product.
- Presents to site GM’s, VP’s and external customers with proposals on automation and innovative solutions with specific focus on quality, yield, reliability and cost comparisons of various options, implementation plans (labour, equipment etc. Must be able and confident in subject matter to clearly articulate ideas and solutions and strongly influence across a diverse group.
- Identifies and implements opportunities to reduce manufacturing complexity. Ensure accurate and timely communication to management on critical technical and business issues.
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Engineering Foundation Competencies.
- Knowledge of Automated equipment pricing models.
- Knowledge of mechanical parts manufacturing processes.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of quality improvement practices and techniques.
- Ability to plan for and coordinate a wide variety of resources to meet production quality and quantity metrics.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively lead, manage, train, coach and motivate a diverse group of employees to achieve high production levels within tight time deadlines and in a highly dynamic manufacturing environment.
- Ability to use all of the following PC applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent negotiation, problem resolution and project management skills.
- Ability to plan strategically for the coordinated delivery of a variety of materials.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related technical discipline and a minimum of 8 years engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Engineering coursework and practical experience in the following areas: machine design, mechanical and electrical design, engineering economics, engineering statistics, DOE, and project management.
- Communication, organisational leadership, and teamwork skills that inspires others.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams on complex technical challenges.
- PMP / Prince / PgmP Certification essential.
For further information on this Factory Automation / Project Manager role in Limerick please contact Anne - Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.