Telephone: 086 8395531
Our client, a manufacturing company in Waterford are currently looking to recruit an AutomationSystems/Controls Engineer for their site.
The Automation Systems / Controls Engineer works with technical team members to maintain,
repair, troubleshoot and develop systems architecture within allocated timeframes and cost
Provide PLC programming, Visions Systems, SCADA systems installation, networks, set-up,
configurations, calibrations, troubleshooting and fault finding support.
• Support design, buy-off, installation and validation of automated production lines.
• Be willing to travel as necessary to support equipment buy-offs and training at vendor / customer
• Lead systematic technical root cause investigations.
• Support manufacturing IT Systems architecture.
• Drive continuous improvement projects.
• Manage assigned project budgets, liaise with customers, contractors as required.
• Develop systems equipment maintenance procedures.
• Develop and deliver technical systems training.
• Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
• Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events
• Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the
company and the requirements of the department/position.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Excellent organisation, communication and presentation skills.
• Systematic troubleshooting skills.
• Strong leadership of technical issue resolution.
• Provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Programming experience: PLC, C++, SQL.
• Good data analysis skills.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, experience of MS Project, MS Access.
• CAD experience desirable
- Degree in electronic engineering, controls engineering, software engineering or similar discipline.
- Experience of PLC programming essential and Vision Systems and SCADA systems installation highlydesirable.
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
- High volume automated assembly experience would be an advantage as would medical device
manufacturing experience in a regulated environment.
- An electrical background / qualification advantageous
For further information on this in please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.