Our client, a global service provider in Dublin City Centre are currently looking to recruit a Building technician for their site.
- The building technician reports to the Building Services Coordinator and is responsible for managing the day to day helpdesk requests, reactive moves & churns. As handyman role support the receptionist the person must also demonstrate a high level of security awareness at all times and have knowledge of emergency evacuation procedures and Health & Safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include but not limited to:
- Experience in dealing with helpdesk request & answering Trouble tickets
- Assist with Post room duties & receipt of parcels.
- Assist IT-support with loading and unloading of IT equipment and new hire set up IT equipment on desks.
- Small works, Painting, locks, handles, door closers, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, deliveries & collections.
- Assist Security on occasion.
- General Janitorial duties, unblocking toilets, rubbish removal etc.
- Replace defective light bulbs
- Internal Moves & Churns
- Understand and comply with site Health & safety requirements at all times & work in a safe manner
- Ensure they wear suitable PPE where required & understand all risks in association with the tasks they are undertaking
- Able to carry out Risk assessments relevant to the task
- Carry Building fabric audits
- Support the BOC and the facilities team where required
- BMS/Phillips Lighting system knowledge
- Collate utility metre reading - monthly
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the wider company's team.
- Delivery of small project works within the building.
- Weekend & Bank holiday working if required.
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written report
- Familiar with computer equipment and programs. (Word, excel and outlook)
- Skilled and physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads
- The candidate must demonstrate the following skills:
- Problem solving
- Decision makings
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Spreadsheets and word processing
- The candidate must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Customer focused
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Minimum 3 years' experience to include good DIY skills with some carpentry skills.
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Education: Minimum leaving certificate
For further information on this Building technician role in Dublin City Centre please contact Anne Gough on 0212066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval