Our client, an engineering company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a BA for their site.
Analysis and Interpretation of Data
The candidate will be required to provide comprehensive and insightful analysis, covering areas such as;
- End customer analysis including pricing and segmental reporting (geographical, industry sector, product type, etc.) as well as identifying trends and market changes
- Sales and Bookings reporting: by product type and family, and including profitability covering both Distributors and Direct Customers
- Operations and Supply Cain – including the collation and interpretation of data relating to production and variance reporting, purchasing and project support
- Competition: Identifying strengths, weaknesses, pricing & strategies
- Work with senior management in the preparation of data for presentation to corporate, key customers and other stakeholders in the business
- Provide weekly/ monthly/ ad hoc reporting and analysis across all business areas
- Develop & maintain existing BI tools. Develop data models and data visualizations. Forecasting
- Work closely with Sales to help maximize forecast accuracy and to assist early identification of changes at customer or market level
- Provide a link between Sales, Supply Chain and Operations to ensure that changes in forecast and demand are communicated in a clear and timely manner to all key managers and departments
- Play a strong role in the development of the annual sales plan, as well as rolling quarterly forecasts
- Experience working in an environment that demands a very high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Extensive and proven experience in data mining that includes an in-depth analytical output, focused on the implications to the business.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Excellent numerical skills, supported by a detailed knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Access.
- Experience in using a Business Intelligence package (e.g. Diver, Qlikview, PowerBI) would be distinct advantage. Strong data visualisation skills.
- Experience of Salesforce CRM would be a benefit
- Education: Third level – qualification / Bachelor’s degree in a Business Discipline.
- Competency Requirements to include:
- Analytical skills, ability to interpret and communicate data accurately
- Commercial awareness
- Problem solving / Information gathering skills
- Quality, efficiency focused
- Strong communication skills
- Teamwork and ability to work cross functionally
For further information on this Business Analyst role in Galway please contact Dee on 086 7902191 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval