Our client in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Business Intelligence Analyst for their site.
The main responsibility of the Business Intelligence Analyst is to gather, analyze and transform data, built dashboards, modules and reports. This will include working with Business Intelligence (BI) tools, like QlikView, Qlik NPrinting, as well as processing data via SQL, XML and VBA. A critical success factor in this position is the ability to align BI with business objectives: acquire data from various sources and create something easily usable in decision-making. Perfect candidate should be able to dive deep into data sets and software programs as well as deliver the insights they glean to non-BI professionals within the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing dashboards and reports for various departments within the company and for external customers.
- Maintaining of existing modules and reports.
- Creating Excel, Web Reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Writing documentation and guides like Software Requirements Specifications (SRS), Software Architecture/Design Documents, Internal Development Documentation, User Guides, Helps, etc.
- Interacting with and supporting internal and external clients.
- Providing business recommendations and translating business needs to data requirement for BI.
- Researching and gaining knowledge around systems and tools outside BI area, i.e.: financial, management tools, etc., as necessary for successful job execution.
- Proactively seeking tools, methods of improvement and performance boost solutions around BI.
- Assisting with admin tasks in database and data maintenance.
- Providing support to customers around Client Portal.
- Contribution to team effort, which ensures that all company and client information is relevant and kept confidential at all times.
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Qlik or other BI Designer and/or Developer certificate a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL database administration essential.
- Understanding of Scrum and Agile methodologies a plus.
- Understanding of Kimballs Dimensional Modelling a plus.
- BI Systems: ? Knowledge of QlikView and Qlik NPrinting essential.
- Knowledge of QVSource, QViewer, QlikView Document Analyzer, TortoiseSVN a plus.
- Knowledge of other ETL tools, OLTP/OLAP systems a plus.
- Coding Skills: ? Load Script (load script syntax, SQL statements, QlikView expressions, Set Analysis, VBA).
- Module Script (module editor syntax, VBScript, JScript).
- Data Visualization: good understanding of rules of data, data analytics and modeling.
- Design Best Practices: strong aestheticism and design capabilities.
- Development Best Practices: knowledge of components (qvc) scripting library, document performance tuning, data model design principles, data warehousing, coding standards and interface design rules.
- Understanding Business: understanding of the business and business processes and ability to translate requirements into inspired visualizations.
- Soft Skills: ? Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and determination to solve problems.
- Ability to understand User requirements and transfer those into technical specs.
- Ability to multi-task in a time sensitive and deadline driven work environment and stay cool under pressure.
- Willingness to learn and ask questions.
- Attention to details.
For further information on this Business Intelligence Analyst role in Galway please contact Bridin Quinn on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval