Business Unit Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Business Unit Manager
for their site.
Summary of Duties/Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will have responsibility and leadership for overall operation of a Business Unit. Implements company systems and strategies to ensure a safe work environment, maximize profitable growth, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop people, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
- Sets the Business Unit goals that support current business objectives.
- Drives and meets the Key Performance Indicators of the Business Unit.
- Determines appropriate staff levels and hires staff as required.
- Establish and maintain good employee relations in line with Company Policy.
- Drive an environment of Business Excellence.
- Manages and monitors department budgets through monthly sales and cost reviews leading to the continued improvement of operating margins. Builds and refines cost models that best attract profitable business when necessary.
- Positions the customer at the centre of all activities to avail of commercial opportunities - lead time, price, special requirements.
- Develops close links with both internal and external customers such as Regulatory Affairs, Sales Personnel and sales organisations.
- Leads and develops the team in communication, team development, career development, motivation and skills.
- Leads cross-functional team in identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Ensures department adherence to regulatory and GMP requirements.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Summary of Minimum Qualifications:
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a third level qualification in Engineering, Business, Science or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in a similar environment, of which at least 3 years related experience at middle management level.
- Demonstrated aptitude for process improvement and use of Lean and Six-Sigma resources and tools. (Green Belt certification or higher is desirable).
- Possesses strong analytical skills and solution-driven thinking.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, oracle and other applicable tools.
- Working knowledge of the necessary Regulatory Requirements.
- Understanding of supply chain processes.
- Flexibility to work within different shift patterns is essential.
For further information on this Business Unit Manager role in Galway please contact Jenny Mullery on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval