Business Unit Manager
Job ID: JOB-13338
Business Unit Manager – Clare
Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values is so important. I have a superb opportunity with a leading Orthopaedics client with a base in Clare to take on the role of Business Unit Manager. You will have overall responsibility for a Business Unit in meeting its requirements in terms of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Supply, Safety and People. Strong communication, leadership and organizational skills are essential as well as a full understanding of the manufacturing process.
- Develop Business Unit operational plans in conjunction with Associate Director of Manufacturing to ensure alignment with overall Site and Operations functions strategy.
- Create a highly talented team and champion a positive employee environment by promoting open communication, engagement and development of team members. Promote a culture of inclusiveness, trust, flexibility and teamwork.
- Prepares the Manufacturing Supply Plan to meet monthly demand requirements across all product families. Responsible for all aspects of capacity planning, manufacturing & product delivery.
- Responsible for budgeting for multiple profit centers.
- Identifies areas of operations improvement in terms of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Supply, Safety and People.
- Promotes and uses Lean Manufacturing concepts / tools to drive continuous improvement
- Interface with Engineering and NPI to coordinate the introduction of new products / ramps including the change management process, installation and validation of new equipment
- Support change management initiatives in a complex organization – keeping and driving focus whilst managing complexities.
- Build strategic partnerships to further departmental and organizational objectives.
- Establish and maintain high standards in relation to Environmental Health & Safety work practices & Promote Quality and Customer Service as an integral way of working.
Education/ Experience Requirements
- At least 5 years manufacturing experience, preferably at production management level, within a team-based manufacturing environment (Medical Device background desirable but not essential)
- Degree in Business or a technical discipline
- Experience guiding and implementing change initiatives that produce greater level of innovation, quality, service, efficiency, and learning.
- Experience with manufacturing technologies used in the orthopedic implant industry or other highly regulated / medical device industry is preferred.
- Demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem-solving skills, process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, aggressively results-oriented environment
- Individual must be challenged by a team-based environment, which places high degree of emphasis on accountability for service levels, quality, standard cost and expense control and quality/GMP compliance
- Working knowledge of SAP and MES systems would be an advantage
For further information on this Business Unit Manager role please contact Tommy on 086 0100903 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13382 R&D Manager – Product Engineering / Sustaining Engineering The R&D team are growing, starting exciting…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13381 Quantity Surveyor The company is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13357 We are a growing medical device company, based in Galway, and dedicated to reducing the…