Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Buyer for their site.
Our client in Galway require a Buyer responsible for delivery of direct material budget savings year on year by negotiating with suppliers and driving cost improvement projects for the sites direct materials. Also responsible for leading and delivering on all operational aspects of direct procurement. Lead data gathering for on-going supplier performance, maintain accurate pricing, update risk & vulnerability status and manage PPV process. Position takes a clear leadership role in managing all compliance events within direct procurement and constantly looks to improve processes to ensure right first time and eliminate non-value add activities. Assist other departments in supplier selection, defining product specifications and ordering practices that reflect the best interests of the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all direct material purchases ensuring released material availability to schedule in line with on hand inventory targets.
- Lead negotiations and initiatives that drive down the material cost with suppliers.
- Responsible for resolving delivery scheduling, paperwork issues, invoices for all direct materials.
- Lead second souring & local sourcing initiatives which deliver on reduced cost, lead-time, service and risk.
- Liaise with other sites to identify opportunities for cost, inventory and lead-time reduction.
- Complete Financial Projections for Direct Items, including Direct Cost Variance, PPV and Obsolescence.
- Manage Supplier Performance with Supplier Quality ensuring all suppliers are delivering in cost, lead-time, delivery and service.
- Generate delivery performance metrics and supply to Supplier Quality as input to accurate quarterly scorecards and participate in supplier performance reviews.
- Develop a strong relationship with all direct material suppliers and chair operational meetings with suppliers.
- Negotiates prices and follows competitive bidding procedures when necessary to ensure the lowest total cost for specific materials, interacting with other departments as necessary.
- Maintain accurate standard and purchase price and resolve blocked invoices.
- Complete review and analysis of monthly PPV report and look at ways to reduce impact of price and freight cost changes on PPV.
- Primary point of contact on PPV forecasting process.
- Review and update any price and freight cost changes and analyze the implications to the budget.
- Lead standard cost budgeting process and deliver required information to Finance within defined time periods.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Lead supplier complaint process for procurement.
- Lead implementation of change controls for second sourcing and alternative materials initiatives.
- Initiate and implement opportunities for Inventory and lead-time reduction.
- Identify opportunities for value adds initiatives and implement these initiatives using six sigma tools.
- Lead and participate in project teams to drive and implement improvements as required.
- Support Supply Chain Manager in the development and implementation of procurement strategies that ensure best value for money and cost effectiveness.
- Act as back up to planner/scheduler and buyer/planner in completing purchasing/planning activities as required.
- Collate and report out on department KPI?s as appropriate.
- May participate in internal meetings in the development of strategy and negotiations as a member of the Supply Chain team.
- Any other duties as defined appropriate by your manager.
- Ability to engage in basic contract negotiations and implement contacts in standard form; create basic project plans, prioritize, engage resources, implement across functions & sites
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Address problems quickly and effectively using factual data, possess situational flexibility, know the resources to approach for efficient resolution and drive for results.
- Learn the organization, the orthopaedics business, and focus on personal growth to excel at purchasing/planning in assigned area and expand into new areas in the future.
- Prior experience purchasing raw materials and packaging. Knowledge of raw material market a plus.
- 5+ years? experience in purchasing/planning environment, ideally in a complex, international, regulated environment
- Diploma/Degree in business, science, IIPMM/APICS or equivalent preferred but not essential
- Working knowledge of purchasing and planning systems.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and budgeting practices.
- Proficiency with personal computers and software including Microsoft office suite products.
- Organizational, communication, and quick learning skills are required.
- Experience with J.D. Edwards, SAP or similar ERP software is a plus.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval