Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Buyer for their site.
Our client, a medical device company in Galway require a Buyer responsible for delivery of direct material budget savings year on year by negotiating with suppliers and driving cost improvement projects for the sites direct materials. Also responsible for leading and delivering on all operational aspects of direct procurement in the company. Lead data gathering for on-going supplier performance, maintain accurate pricing, update risk & vulnerability status and manage PPV process. Position takes a clear leadership role in managing all compliance events within the organisations direct procurement and constantly looks to improve processes to ensure right first time and eliminate non-value add activities. Assist other departments in supplier selection, defining product specifications and ordering practices that reflect the best interests of the company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to engage in basic contract negotiations and implement contacts in standard form; create basic project plans, prioritize, engage resources, implement across functions & sites
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Address problems quickly and effectively using factual data, possess situational flexibility, know the resources to approach for efficient resolution and drive for results.
- Learn the organization, the orthopedics business, and focus on personal growth to excel at purchasing/planning in assigned area and expand into new areas in the future.
Education / Experience
- Prior experience purchasing raw materials and packaging. Knowledge of raw material market a plus.
- 5+ years? experience in purchasing/planning environment, ideally in a complex, international, regulated environment
- Diploma/Degree in business, science, IIPMM/APICS or equivalent preferred but not essential
- Working knowledge of purchasing and planning systems.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and budgeting practices.
- Proficiency with personal computers and software including Microsoft office suite products.
- Organizational, communication, and quick learning skills are required.
- Experience with J.D. Edwards, SAP or similar ERP software is a plus.
For further information on this Buyer role in Clare please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval