Buyer / Planner
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Buyer / Planner for their site.
The Buyer / Planner:
- Will be responsible for satisfying Customer demand by producing, monitoring and driving achievable production schedules based on demand, available capacity and resources. At all times inventory levels must be managed to agreed targets.
- Will play a pivotal role in new product introductions (NPI), in particular, when launching new products to the market.
- Will be expected to work closely with Operations, Customer Service, Purchasing, Quality, AO, Finance, Marketing, etc as required.
- Will be responsible for management and supply of assigned raw materials, cost effectively through appropriate vendors, while optimizing inventory levels and ensuring availability of materials in line with planned requirements.
- Manage the supply of materials ensuring a high standard of customer service without disruption to the production plan.
- Inventory Management ? manage inventory levels in line with agreed targets and report monthly on the status of inventory levels for assigned portfolio.
- Identify and challenge safety stock levels, MOQ?s, component leadtimes, etc as part of inventory management.
- Ensure and maintain realistic dates on PO?s for accuracy of information to Production, Planning and Customer Service at all times.
- Achieve agreed OTD (On Time Delivery) targets.
- Develop and implement a robust systemic process to accurately project, manage and deliver on our PPV commitments.
- Scheduling, management & monitoring of production to meet Customer requirements ensuring a min of 98% Customer service level while maintaining inventory at agreed levels.
- Proactively identify report & escalate constraints within the end-to-end Supply Chain which will impact on Customer Service levels.
- Working closely with Operations, develop production plans to meet budget and forecast timelines.
- Inventory Management ? Understand and maintain the minimum necessary inventory and report when required on the status of inventory levels for assigned portfolio against inventory targets. Understand, identify and challenge safety stock levels, manufacturing leadtimes, etc as part of inventory management.
- Measure and report material shortages which are impacting the production plan.
- Maintain accurate item master data e.g. lead times, batch size, safety stock target, etc to ensure 100% system data accuracy at all times.
- Planning Model maintenance and updating, incorporating a full understanding of how the Planning Model functions, identifying and resolving anomalies, and participation in efforts to implement continuous improvement in how the Planning Model functions.
- Expedite or de-expedite product as required, ensuring material availability at all times.
- Action planning model messages effectively and efficiently to ensure timely release of WO?s or PO?s and to ensure POE, Neg Pipe, SSS targets are met.
- Provide 4-week backorder projections weekly which achieve accuracy levels of 80% to 120%.
- Generate and present daily / weekly / monthly reports and metrics as appropriate.
- Represent the ?Voice of the Customer? within the BU.
- Develop capacity plans for the BU, which includes equipment and headcount, and anticipate any over / under capacities.
- Provide updates to product availability queries in a timely manner.
- Participate in NPI and product launches by partaking in meetings, offering constructive advice and collaborating with the Operations, Marketing and Customer to ensure a successful product launch.
- Minimum Qualifications 3rd level qualification in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management/Logistics, IPICS or other equivalent is preferred.
- The individual should preferably have 3+ years? experience in an MRP environment and have appropriate and related PC system skills.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Customer focused.
- Works with a sense of urgency and attention to detail at all times.
- The ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Demonstrate Initiative.
- Initiates, sponsors and implements change. Works cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Solves problems by gathering data and using logic to arrive at decisions or solutions that achieve the desired outcome.
- Makes timely and sound decisions, through effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions.
- Flexible to work needs.
- Results, goals and measurement metrics oriented.
- Develops self and others, by building on strengths and addressing weaknesses. Seeks feedback and is receptive to new ideas and perspectives.
- Ability to influence others through presentation of facts, analysis and conclusions or solutions in a manner that demonstrates command of the content.
- Conversant with company policies/ procedures/ regulatory and FDA standards.
- Excellent knowledge & computer skills in MS Excel, Powerpoint & Word.
- Percent Travel Required Up to 10%
For further information on this Buyer / Planner role in Limerick please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval