Telephone: 086 7738651
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Buyer for their site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchasing components for our production facility.
- Developing long term partnerships with key suppliers
- Negotiating pricing to give us the optimum delivery performance & security of supply at the lowest cost
- Identifying/procuring and controlling raw materials requirements consumed in the manufacture of finished product using MRP.
- Ensuring the correct inventories are in place
- Co-ordinating purchasing activities relating to suppliers, equipment and tools in accordance with the company documented requirements.
- Work closely with other members of the Operation, including Planning, New Product Development, QA/QC, Finance, Customer Service and R+D to identify & minimise risks to supply chain in order to ensure on-time delivery to customers and to resolve any issues that may arise
- Maintain MRP and computerised ordering system. This includes the placement of purchase orders, updating of pricing and following up of order confirmations. Also, responsible for System accuracy, controlling and maintaining raw material stock checks
- Interface on an ongoing basis with vendors, establish/agree schedules/ due dates which support Company requirements Visit suppliers and Trade shows where appropriate.
- Manage Supplier Evaluation and report on quarterly performance
- Work closely with Planning and Head of Operations to meet required inventory targets
- Ensure full compliance with GMP, HSE and Corporate Citizenship requirements
- 3+ years’ experience purchasing in a regulated industry ideally pharmaceuticals.
- Experience of supply chain, production, manufacturing or packing operations preferential.
- Qualification in or studying for APICS.
- ERP/MRP experience highly desirable.
- Ability to be versatile and adapt to a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Must have strong attention to detail and ability to prioritise & manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
For further information on this Buyer role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.