TE Connectivity's Purchasing Teams are responsible for obtaining materials, components, equipment and services, gather quotations, examine bids, and award contracts. They perform cost analysis and volume planning for commodities, evaluate vendor reliability and develop new supply sources where required. They coordinate purchasing activities with the manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels and monitor cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. They also look for and recommend cost saving proposals including make vs. buy analysis, alternative sourcing, and vendor evaluation criteria as well as develop specifications for new contract orders.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Job Summary: Purchase all materials to support the production of all MEAS Ireland and Shrewsbury Sales Orders, from chip manufacture through to finished goods. In addition provide an administrative function for all non-production related purchasing for MEAS Ireland.
- Purchase all raw materials from approved suppliers, to meet all MEAS Ireland and Shrewsbury production schedules, and Sales orders.
- Daily evaluation and review of MEAS ERP system and the Planning tools recommendations to purchase material.
- Confirm all raw material availability dates for all Sales orders within 24hrs of receipt of order.
- Manage Raw Material Purchasing Spend.
- Daily follow up with suppliers regarding on-time delivery of parts.
- Daily monitoring of Betacera inventory to prevent stockouts.
- Participate in continuous improvement of Materials processes.
- Ongoing appraisal of current material sources, versus alternates.
- Key member of Global sourcing Project Team.
- Evaluate Suppliers, and maintain the Approved Vendor List.
- Maintain records of all purchase orders for a minimum of 3 years.
- Review and comment on ppv at month end.
- 5+ years experience in purchasing role for manufacturing Company. Knowledge of MRP. Min/Max, Kanban material reorder systems
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation