New role required for pharmaceutical company looking for a Buyer with 5+ years experience. This role will be reporting into the purchasing manager.
- A relevant Supply Chain Qualification (APICs or equivalent)
- 5 years’ experience in a fast moving, competitive environment dealing with global suppliers
- 3 years + experience in a similar role, pharmaceutical/healthcare experience would be an advantage.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office
- Purchasing components for our production facility.
- Developing long term partnerships with key suppliers.
- Negotiating pricing to give us the optimum delivery performance & security of supply at the lowest cost.
- Identifying/procuring and controlling raw materials requirements consumed in the manufacture of finished product using MRP.
- Ensuring the correct inventories are in place as specified in Approved Master list.
- Co-ordinating purchasing activities relating to suppliers, equipment, and tools in accordance with the company documented requirements.
- Work closely with other members of the Operation, including Planning, Product Launch , QA/QC, Finance, Customer Service and R+D to identify & minimise risks to supply chain in order to ensure on-time delivery to customers and to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Maintain MRP and computerised ordering system. This includes the placement of purchase orders, updating of pricing and following up of order confirmations. Also, responsible for System accuracy, controlling and maintaining raw material stock checks.
- Interface on an ongoing basis with vendors, establish/agree schedules/ due dates which support Company requirements Visit suppliers and Trade shows where appropriate.
- Manage Supplier Evaluation and report on quarterly performance.
- Work closely with Planning and Chief Operating Officer to meet required inventory targets.
- Ensure full compliance with GMP, HSE and Corporate Citizenship requirements.
- Identify areas of Continuous Improvement within the Supply Process to reduce the total cost.
For further information on this role please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.