Job ID: JOB-11949
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team within the Supply Chain Function. Our Client are looking for individuals who will support and drive the vision to be the most valued global provider of high quality, competitively priced pharmaceutical products and to provide excellent services and support to our customers.
In this role you will report into the Purchasing Manager.
- Purchasing components for our production facility.
- Developing long term partnerships with key suppliers.
- Negotiating pricing to give us the optimum delivery performance & security of supply at the lowest cost.
- Identifying/procuring and controlling raw materials requirements consumed in the manufacture of finished product using MRP.
- Ensuring the correct inventories are in place as specified in Approved Master list.
- Co-ordinating purchasing activities relating to suppliers, equipment, and tools in accordance with the company documented requirements.
- Work closely with other members of the Operation, including Planning, Product Launch , QA/QC, Finance, Customer Service and R+D to identify & minimise risks to supply chain in order to ensure on-time delivery to customers and to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Maintain MRP and computerised ordering system. This includes the placement of purchase orders, updating of pricing and following up of order confirmations. Also, responsible for System accuracy, controlling and maintaining raw material stock checks.
- Interface on an ongoing basis with vendors, establish/agree schedules/ due dates which support Company requirements Visit suppliers and Trade shows where appropriate.
- Manage Supplier Evaluation and report on quarterly performance.
- Work closely with Planning and Chief Operating Officer to meet required inventory targets.
- Ensure full compliance with GMP, HSE and Corporate Citizenship requirements.
- Identify areas of Continuous Improvement within the Supply Process to reduce the total cost.
- Organisational skills, personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are key communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team with diverse personalities and viewpoints.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others is vital.
- Being able to understand company finances, resourcing and ultimate aims of the business is important role-modelling.
- A self-starter with excellent motivational and problem-solving skills.
- Escalates issue appropriately.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills & Professional expertise.
- Demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives, and culture of an organisation.
- Experience with ERP system.
- A relevant Supply Chain Qualification (APICs or equivalent)
- 5 years’ experience in a fast moving, competitive environment dealing with global suppliers
- 3 years + experience in a similar role, pharmaceutical/healthcare experience would be an advantage.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office
For further information on this Buyer role, please contact James Corcoran on 0860462367 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…