Job ID: JOB-11906
A leading medical device manufacturer are currently recruiting for a Buyer II to join their team in Galway. As part of this role you would be responsible for procuring raw materials, components, equipment, tooling supplies and services. You will also assist in the implementation of sourcing & commodity strategies for all goods and/or services to achieve improvements in all areas of Quality, Cost & Service.
- Establishes and/or reviews requirements, generates, adjusts and expedites purchase orders based on MRP results (or results based on other planning systems) and/or on requisition basis along with pertinent information being used to run the business that may influence order execution decisions. Coordinates with the Planners or Budget Owners to maintain optimal service levels and determine the proper priorities for support;
- Administers Purchase Orders based on authorized spending amount and applicable SOP’s.
- Keeping informed of any problems/delays caused by Suppliers or general market conditions and communicates any impacts/constraints to the Planner, Business Unit or other discipline impacted by the change.
- Maintains an excellent working relationship with any entity within (or outside) of the company who will be impacted by the work conducted by this role which includes issue resolution, reconciliation of errors and correct the root cause of problems.
- Interfaces with core functions such as quality, engineering, planning and product development Identify areas of risk and implement mitigating action.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day supplier relationship.
- Monitors and communicates quality and delivery performance to the supplier;
- Responsible to resolve supplier related issues and assures a positive and professional business relationship, always establishing and maintaining open lines of communication.
- Collaborate with Strategic Sourcing, Corporate Groups and other sites in developing and implementing sourcing strategies and to support global supplier evaluation and selection as well as VIP creation.
- Adheres to all applicable (Site, Corporate or Regulatory) requirements;
- Reviews and approves all change requests; Maintains accurate Master Data, AVL, Info record, Source List, e-Req etc.
- Constantly strives to improve the Quality of goods and services supplied.
- Formulates purchasing decisions to achieve 100% internal customer service, targeted DIOH and overall lowest TCO (total cost of ownership);
- Minimise the impact of expired, excess and obsolete materials and dispositions the material appropriately.
- Identify opportunities to implement best inventory management practices, such as automated Kanban and Consignment Programs.
Lean, Cost & Other:
- Perform other tasks as needed in support of achieving the highest level of quality, customer satisfaction and TCO.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Lean Strategies for improving of all aspects of the operation to improve Quality, deliver reduced cost and minimise waste.
- Identify cost saving opportunities from existing vendor base.
- Assist in the in the preparation and execution of the annual materials budget.
Qualifications & Experienced
- NFQ level 8 degree in Business / Supply Chain or related field is required.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a relevant area.
- Subject Matter Expert Knowledge in SAP and MRP Systems.
- Subject Matter Expert Knowledge in Rapid Response (Kinaxis) is highly desirable.
- Experience of leading Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning.
- Strong Communication Skills with ability to influence broadly.
- Knowledge of End to End Supply Chain.
- NPI / Integration Experience.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
For more information on this role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…