Buyer Planner (3-6 month contracts)
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Buyer Planner for their site.
What will I be doing
- Perform timely, cost-conscious procurement of production/inventory/MRO items.
- Receive and analyse requisitions to determine quantity, specifications and delivery requirements.
- From approved supplier list, recommend and select suppliers to fulfill scheduled plant deliveries.
- Responsible for the on-boarding of new selected suppliers relative to material planning.
- Ensure up-to-date ABC classification is maintained for planning, and other key inputs into the PFEP process
- Ensure optimal inventory levels and safety stock are maintained for their parts
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance to resolve quality issues with suppliers.
- Maintain proactive shortage identification and management - help flag root causes & corrective actions.
- Identify total cost and cash flow opportunities with suppliers.
- Analyse and select parts for KanBan and Supplier replenishment.
- May lead and direct others to accomplish desired organizational objectives.
- Expedite deliveries to meet and exceed scheduled critical requirements.
- Maintain material plan at the time fence to ensure continuity of supply.
- Coordinate with production planners for solutions when parts cannot be delivered as promised.
- Maintain and continuously evaluate supplier performance and escalate to Procurement when issues occur.
- Resolve invoicing discrepancies with suppliers and accounting.
- Analyse material and capacity availability to provide customer promise dates for sales orders.
- Maintains item master lead time information based upon process improvements, current constraints, and total current demand by product family, and priority information.
- Manage internal and SOMI/VMI material to meet schedules.
- Interface with required functional groups to resolve challenging delivery requirements.
- Communicate forecasts and replenishment plans to supplier.
- Review open requirements, monitoring vendor performance and expediting where necessary. Ensure that problems relating to delivery, quality or pricing are promptly conveyed to the supplier and resolved in a timely manner.
- Productivity: identify and implement cost reduction/productivity projects to meet the corporate initiatives/goals. Maintain pipeline and financial records for reporting and tracking productivity.
What do I need
- Maintain product knowledge in terms of options, substitutions, critical functions/components, etc.
- Understand material specifications in terms of substitutions, quality, engineering requirements, etc.
- Maintain basic knowledge of supplier processes and capabilities.
- Understand special test/witness certification requirements and actions to achieve certification.
- Understanding of Kanban and JIT systems.
- Able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Broad working knowledge and experience with ISO procedures.
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation and must provide dedicated support of internal and external customer requirements.
- Have strong written and verbal communicator, able to communicate to various audiences effectively
- Team oriented, must have the ability to work cohesively with others.
- Be able to work well with external suppliers.
- Will possess ability to work well in a manufacturing environment.
- Be detail-oriented and self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- BA/BS degree or 5+ year's minimum planner/buyer manufacturing experience.
- APICS (CPIM) or equivalent certification preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of industry related supply base.
- Skilled in production and supplier scheduling.
- Knowledgeable of supplier processes and capabilities.
- Able to provide direction and training to peers as needed.
- Computer proficient with ERP and Microsoft Office applications
- Basic mathematical skills
- Experience with rate based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop manufacturing environments.
- Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean manufacturing processes.
- Experience with visual management systems.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval