Our client, a medical device company in Tipperary are currently looking to recruit a Senior Buyer/Planner for their site.
Responsible for obtaining materials, components, and equipment. Gathers quotations, examines bids, and makes awards. Determines material requirements from engineering and production schedules, and maintains inventory at planned levels. Plans, schedules, and monitors the movement of materials through the production cycle. Evaluates vendor reliability, develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate. Conducts negotiations and concludes contracts with suppliers that are in the best interest of the company. Monitors cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. Develops specifications for new contract orders.
- Evaluates and selects suppliers based upon assessment of their quality system and capabilities.
- Performs initial and ongoing audits of potential and current suppliers based upon ISO9001 guidelines and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Quality System Requirements. Visits suppliers' facilities, writes comprehensive audit reports and ensures completion of corrective action at suppliers' facilities as necessary.
- Manages component supply and inventory levels for product line(s), planning and purchasing for material requirements and ensuring flow of materials to the production floor.
- Understands and communicates component specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read drawings to determine dimensions, tolerances, and Incoming Quality Control (IQC) points.
- Develops and enhances relationships with strategic supplier/partners. Serves as primary contact and fosters positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers.
- Coordinates early supplier involvement in product development and purchases the required materials to support product development and product launches.
- Actively works and supports the development of new technologies and supplier capabilities.
- Ensures that Confidentiality Agreements and necessary contracts are established with suppliers.
- Supports product development goals in the components, materials and suppliers area.
- Manages the implementation of suppliers (including ensuring the completion of appropriate first articles and validations)
- Manages end to end sourcing process through to award status
- Must have a Level 8 degree in related field (Business, Supply Chain or other).
- A minimum of 3 years? experience in a similar buyer/planner role within a manufacturing environment
- Buyer/Planner experience in an Electronics/Healthcare manufacturing industry an advantage
- APICS qualification (or studying towards) an advantage.
- SAP experience essential.
- Advanced Excel skills essential.
- Data analytics an advantage.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to plan strategically across production.
For further information on this Senior Buyer/Planner role in Tipperary please contact Aoife O Reilly
on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie