Buyer / Planner
The Buyer will be responsible for management and supply of all inventory/non-BOM parts, cost effectively through appropriate vendors, while optimizing inventory levels and ensuring availability of materials in line with planned requirements.
The Buyer will work closely with the approved Vendor base, Accounts, Warehouse, Engineering, QA, QC, and Tech Support / Product Development as required.
- Manage the supply of inventory/non-BOM materials ensuring a high standard of customer service without disruption to the production plan.
- Inventory Management - manage inventory levels in line with agreed targets and report monthly on the status of inventory levels for assigned portfolio.
- Management of any VMI or consignment models.
- Identify and challenge safety stock levels, MOQ's, component leadtimes, etc as part of inventory management.
- Measure & report stock outs, material shortages.
- Maintain item master data, i.e. lead times, minimum order qty/order multiple, safety stock levels, etc to ensure 100% system data accuracy at all times.
- Ensure and maintain realistic dates on PO's for accuracy of information to Production, Planning and Customer Service at all times.
- Expedite or de-expedite product as required, ensuring material availability at all times, whilst meeting agreed inventory targets.
- Action MRP messages effectively and efficiently, within the agreed timeframe.
- Timely release of purchase orders in line with MRP.
- Achieve agreed OTD (On Time Delivery) targets.
- Achieve PPV and cost savings targets.
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports as required.
- Third level qualification with 3+ years experience in buyer / planner roles.
- Thorough knowledge of day to day practises within MRP II environment.
- IIPMM or APICS qualification preferred but not essential.
- Conversant with company policies/ procedures/ regulatory and FDA standards.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-reliant, independent.
- Ability to project manage, work under pressure and meet agreed and often tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organisational skills from both administrative and hands on standpoints .
- High level of energy & discipline, commanding respect by demonstrating ability.
- Results, goals and measurement metrics oriented.
- Proven negotiator.
- To be flexible and willing to carry out overtime as required. To carry out any other duties as requested by the Department Manager.
- To comply with Company Policies & Procedures at all times.
- Excellent knowledge & computer skills in MS Excel, Powerpoint & Word.
- Up to 10% Travel Required
For further information on this Buyer/Planner role please contact Ros Lomasney on 021 2066287/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval