Telephone: 021 2066287
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Buyer/Planner for their site.
What Will I Be Doing
- Responsible for satisfying customer demand by producing, monitoring and driving achievable production schedules based on demand, available capacity and resources. At all times inventory levels must be managed to agreed targets.
- Responsible for management and supply of all inventory/non-BOM parts while optimizing inventory levels and ensuring availability of materials in line with planned requirements.
- Play a pivotal role in new product introductions (NPI), in particular, when launching new products to the market. The Planner will work closely with Operations, Customer Service, Purchasing, Quality, AO, Finance, Marketing, etc
- Scheduling, management & monitoring of production to meet customer requirements ensuring a minimum of 98% customer service level while maintaining inventory at agreed levels.
- Proactively identify, report, and escalate constraints within the end-to-end Supply Chain which will impact on Customer Service levels.
- Working closely with Operations, develop production plans to meet budget and forecast timelines.
- Manage the supply of raw materials inventory/non-BOM materials ensuring a high standard of customer service without disruption to the production plan.
- Management of any VMI or consignment models.
- Understand and maintain the minimum necessary raw materials and finished goods inventory and report on the status of inventory levels against inventory targets. Measure and report material shortages which are impacting the production plan and update on availability as required.
- Maintain accurate item master data e.g. lead times, batch size etc. to ensure 100% system data accuracy at all times.
- Planning model maintenance and updating, incorporating a full understanding of how the planning model functions, identifying and resolving anomalies, and participation in efforts to implement continuous improvement in how the planning model functions.
- Expedite or de-expedite product as required, ensuring material availability at all times.
- Ensure and maintain realistic dates on PO's for accuracy of information to Production, Planning and Customer
- Expedite or de-expedite product as required, ensuring material availability at all times, whilst meeting agreed inventory targets.
- Generate and present daily / weekly / monthly reports and metrics
- Represent the "Voice of the Customer" within the business.
- Develop capacity plans within respective work centres.
- Participate in NPI and product launches by partaking in meetings, offering constructive advice and collaborating with the Operations, Marketing and Customer to ensure a successful product launch.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or similar
- 3+ years Buying/Planning experience in an MRP environment
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Customer focused.
- Works with a sense of urgency and attention to detail at all times.
- The ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Demonstrate Initiative.
- Initiates, sponsors and implements change.
- Works cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Solves problems by gathering data and using logic to arrive at decisions or solutions
- Makes timely and sound decisions, through effective approaches
- Flexible to work needs.
- Results, goals and measurement metrics oriented.
- Develops self and others, by building on strengths and addressing weaknesses.
- Seeks feedback and is receptive to new ideas and perspectives.
- Ability to influence others through presentation of facts, analysis and conclusions or solutions in a manner that demonstrates command of the content.
- Conversant with company policies/ procedures/ regulatory and FDA standards.
- Excellent in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
For further information on this Buyer/Planner role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 021 2066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval