Buyer / Planner
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Buyer / Planner for their site.
What will I be doing
- Responsible for all elements of the Sales and Operations Planning (SNOP) process for company products.
- Liaise with commercial team to consolidate demand plan.
- Manage raw material stock levels and maintain inventory at agreed levels to meet demand.
- Generate forecasts for suppliers and issue raw material purchase orders to fill production requirements.
- Transition existing stock management through implementation of a new MRP system.
- Create weekly production schedule in conjunction with Manufacturing Operations Manager.
- Manage cost reduction projects to fruition on purchased items and supply chain lean initiatives.
- Measure supplier performance to agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and Identify and implement corrective action to address non-conformances
- Ensure all duties related to the role are performed in accordance with the Quality System.
- Behaviours & Skills required include a strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative. Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
What do I need
- Qualified to degree level in a business or technical discipline. APICS CPIM and or IIPMM Cert/Dip qualification is desirable.
- Minimum 4-5 years planning experience as a Buyer/ Planner in a manufacturing environment.
For further information on this Buyer / Planner role in Galway please contact Jenny on 0860449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval