Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Buyer/Planner for their site.
- The Buyer/Planner will be responsible for satisfying customer demand by producing, monitoring and driving achievable production schedules based on demand, available capacity and resources.
- The Buyer/Planner will be responsible for management and supply of all tooling inventory while optimizing inventory levels and ensuring availability of materials in line with planned requirements.
- Work is performed within established professional standards and practices.
- Tasks are complex in nature where judgment is required to complete recurring assignments independently and to determine the best methods to follow to complete assignments.
- Builds internal and external relationships, with emphasis on those that facilitate the achievement of job/role accountabilities, such as relationships with key suppliers, customers etc.
- Manage the supply of materials necessary to meet production plan ensuring a high standard of customer service.
- Working closely with Operations, develop production plans to meet budget and forecast timelines.
- Qualify new suppliers.
- Manage Customer expectation through accurate commits.
- Work within a team where the ultimate goal is Customer Satisfaction while maintaining Inventory Goals.
- Review manufacturing production goals and plans accordingly. Analyse inputs (e.g., capacity, urgency of request, material availability, etc.) to help determine schedule.
- Analyse internal impact (e.g., line scheduling, procurement, logistics, shipping, etc.) of customer scheduling. Revise plans as required based on analysis of actual versus plan.
- Record retention co-ordination. Responsible for the co-ordination, tracking and storage of records relevant to the Department/Function.
- In-depth knowledge and adherence to, all local and Corporate policies and procedures relating to their role.
- Knowledge of a mechanical manufacturing environment.
- In depth knowledge of production planning fundamentals, scheduling, materials requirements planning techniques and manufacturing control systems.
- Strong Focus on Customer needs.
- Knowledge of procurement processes, inventory management and supplier management.
- Ability to plan strategically for the coordinated delivery of a variety of materials.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight time deadlines.
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure their timely and accurate completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- The individual should preferably have 3+ years Buying/Planning experience.
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management/Logistics, IPICS or other equivalent is preferred.
For further information on this Buyer/Planner role in Galway please contact Ros Lomansey on 0867738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval