Telephone: 086 0449371
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Buyer/Planner for their site.
What will I be doing
- This position procures over 20% of the total dollars needed to support production and assembly departments. Resolves routine purchasing issues.
- Determines production requirements and dock dates by running shortage reports and communicating with production planners.
- Obtains appropriate signature levels for purchase orders; prepares the order through the ERP/MRP/EPO system.
- Expedites materials from suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Works with the Quality Assurance and Engineering departments to verify the accuracy of Non-Conforming Material Reports before returning materials to suppliers.
- Obtains corrective action reports from suppliers to ensure that quality problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Supports the Engineering and Manufacturing departments on new product requirements to ensure that program deadlines are met.
- Attends scheduled production planning and engineering meetings.
- Provides monthly purchasing reports.
- Supports production teams, as required.
- Reviews supplier contracts and ensures Suppliers are meeting the negotiated service levels and agreed pricing.
- Evaluates vendor price increases. Works with management in obtaining new negotiated pricing and service levels.
- Meets with suppliers and manufacturers' representatives to obtain information concerning pricing, quality, availability and delivery of parts.
- Evaluates Engineering Change Notices for cost or delivery impacts and to coordinate implementation of changes with suppliers.
- Assists with supplier selection and set up.
- Performs other tasks, as required.
What do you need
- Education equivalent to a related Bachelor's Degree.
- A minimum of two years of purchasing experience.
- Knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate well with vendors.
- Excellent knowledge of business mathematics.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Contract/agreement review, Reports, Material order delivery experience
- Product pricing/quality/availability/delivery and supplier management experience
For further information on this Buyer/Planner role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval