Telephone: 086 0449371
Supply Chain Scheduler
Our client, an automotive company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Supply Chain Scheduler for their site.
- Responsible for inventory level of Raw materials and component families :
- Follow up the MPS achievement and propose preventives actions regarding material availability to ensure MPS realization.
- Is responsible for setting up raw materials and components inventory levels.
- Define and lead actions connected with inventory reductions with component families.
- Follow up and report daily the inventory level of raw material and component families.
- Ensure that the materials and components are available to meet the complete customer demand :
- Plan the raw materials and components requirement based upon Master Production Schedules and anticipate potential impacts with suppliers and with production.
- Validate and send on a weekly basis forecasts to the suppliers.
- Ensure that raw materials and components are available to meet customer demand.
- Follow up daily the material arrivals according to firm / scheduled orders to ensure that supplier ship parts on time according to requested scheduled.
- On a regular basis, communicate complete, precise & reliable information to the Supplier contacts. Adapt the chosen method of communication to the level of the Supplier contact. Adapt the frequency to the situation (preventive, curative, crisis).
- Identify blocking points and plan appropriate quick actions to solve them :
- Attend Logistics meetings and follow up related action plans.
- Support the implementation with the appropriate departments (APU, Logistics, Purchasing, VPS) tools and methods in order to improve the supply chain organization like Pull flow, Kanban, EDI, Milk run.
- Define with the External flow analyst the inbound transportation plans.
- Support actively the inventory counting and propose actions to maintain accuracy of inventory in cooperation with inventory control analyst.
- Meet the Suppliers contacts on a regular basis.
- Propose logistics protocol with suppliers in co-operation with External flow analyst and Purchasing.
- Follow all environmental, health & safety rules and procedures and participate in safety and environmental activities in order to improve the workplace for all employees.
- Degree / Diploma in business or commerce along with IIPMM / APICS qualified desirable but not essential.
- Minimum of 3 / 4 years’ experience in a Supply Chain role with proven track record within a manufacturing environment.
- SAP experience essential.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and organisational skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required for vendor negotiation and all internal and external liaison.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent PC Skills including knowledge of Microsoft office packages along with an MRP system.
- Experience with Supply chain processes i.e. Vendor Hub / Kan Ban / VRO set up.
For further information on this Supply Chain Scheduler role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.