Telephone: 086 0449371
Who are the client
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Buyer/Planner for their site.
Why this role
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Fast career progression
- Excellent onsite facilities and a fun place to work
- Top employer in Galway
What will I be doing
- You will contribute to planning and purchasing of the necessary materials from selected vendors to support production and assisting in the sourcing of vendors where necessary.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of every aspect of inventory throughout the plant. Scheduling material through manufacturing to ensure production is supported at all times.
- Identify and develop systems solutions and enhancements to improve productivity.
- Initiate cost reduction programs where opportunities exist for example by pursuing new vendors for most cost effective purchases.
- Planning the necessary finished goods to meet desired inventories and preparing Master Production schedules to determine manufacturing run rates.
- Ensuring materials inventory goals are achieved and obsolescence is minimized at all times. Communicate product availability information to the distribution company.
What do I need
- Minimum requirement is a 3rd Level 8 Qualification in a Quantitative Discipline.
- A Diploma in IIPMM and/or APICS is an advantage.
- Excellent computer literacy skills with high competence in Excel/Word etc., Experience in a planning role will be considered an advantage, but is not essential.
- Experience with using ERP systems (e.g. SAP or equivalent) is an advantage.
- Must have excellent communications skills (verbal and written), ability to present information clearly, concisely, and timely.
- Will demonstrate initiative / drive to take on additional responsibilities.
- Experience of working with Lean tools is an advantage.
For further information on this Buyer/Planner role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval