Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Buyer/Planner for their site.
- Develop / lead the implementation of site planning and purchasing activities to support an agile end to end supply chain that contributes to best in class supply chain performance for the network.
- Lead the local Sales Inventory & Operations Planning (SI&OP) process for individual business units, and co-ordinates primary decision making relating to capacity and supply.
- Utilise and leverage end to end supply chain planning platforms to ensure data based decision making for key business investment decisions.
- Maintain a comprehensive purchasing system and support tactical purchasing requirements for a cross section of raw materials.
- Engage with suppliers on various inventory and delivery management programs to maintain a balanced supply to operations.
- Drive a continuous improvement focus relating to Material Requirements Planning and supplier engagement.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to support global supplier evaluation and selection.
- Provide supply chain SME guidance on New Product Development and Integration activity to ensure primary goals of Quality, Service and Cost are achieved.
- Interface and partner with core functions such as operations, quality, engineering, and process development to support new product integration and drive operation excellence in day to day business.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Honours Degree (NFQ level 8) in Supply Chain Management or other related Business discipline is essential
- 2-3 years relevant Supply Chain Management experience (Planning, Logistics or Manufacturing) is required.
- Supply Chain Certification is preferred e.g. APICS.
- Experience in Planning/Purchasing in a multi-national environment.
- Experience in the use of SAP would be beneficial.
- Strong Collaborator with demonstrated ability to influence effectively.
For further information on this Buyer/Planner role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.