Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Buyer/Planner for their site in Cork on a 12 month contract.
The primary purpose of this job is to Plan the Manufacturing and Positioning of Cork made Product to ensure Customer and Business Requirements are successfully met.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the effective coordination of the material planning, purchasing and production scheduling function and ensuring timely delivery to customers of finished products.
- Identifies raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production spec. Monitors planning modules or production planning system with current lead times, and related information.
- Collects information regarding raw material, component and related requirements from engineering and production specifications and schedules.
- Prepares schedules and ensures timely completion of work orders for manufacturing purposes.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve investment through inventory entitlement model for applicable production line
- Analyses product demand, sales patters, and forecasts, as well as production specifications and plant and supplier capacity data.
- Reviews capacity loads and identifies possible manufacturing constraints. Monitors and anticipates production issues due to capacity, and new product launches.
- Establishes effective communication with various groups such as customers, sales offices, suppliers and/or plant production departments as required.
- Monitors work orders from start to ensure the on time delivery of products
- Ensures accuracy of signals for the timely ordering and delivery of components to support manufacturing activities
- Prepares production/planning reports as required. Analyses month end activity to determine the need for forecast modification, recommends revisions.
- Participates in new product launch meetings and assists in developing new product forecasts and production schedules.
- Reviews support documents for scheduling such as route sheets, enters all requirements into the planning system or process as required
- Support Plant or manufacturing unit supply S&OP as required
- Manages and/or maintains raw material inventory investment according to inventory entitlement models and drives improvement opportunities.
- Takes appropriate action in resolving discrepancies in order quantity, price and seeks corrective action on late deliveries.
- Coordinates and follows up with production, warehouse, supply chain and others, as required, to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling and movement of materials and services.
- Assures accuracy of database of suppliers of products used in manufacturing process.
- Prepares orders to vendors for raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods and related material needed for production.
- Supports evaluation of potential suppliers.
- Inventories goods received and identify discrepancies in order quantity and price.
- Checks scheduled delivery dates and makes initial contact with suppliers on late deliveries.
- Escalates issues and notifies appropriate personnel/management as appropriate.
- Checks with warehouse and production regarding availability and movement of materials to detect shortages or overages.
- Leads supplier or component S&OP and supplier RCCP as required.
- Leads and identifies improvement opportunities for plant manufacturing unit supply S&OP as required
- Identifies and drives Lean or Six Sigma improvement initiatives.
- Adheres to the Company?s procedures as detailed in the SOP manual
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor?s degree or higher
- Advanced data reporting and analytical skills.
- APICS Certification
- Green Belt six-sigma certification
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experienced ERP / Planning Systems User, able to execute in an ERP System
- Supply chain experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- Contract manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of financial processes
- Demonstrated use of Leadership Imperatives
- Applies understanding of cycle time, throughput, labor efficiency, and related concepts to drive alignment with overall Production Plan to ensure raw materials are in place to support production
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of equipment downtime and adjusts daily production plans accordingly
- Leverages knowledge of the production and planning processes to identify opportunities to improve the initial plan, (i.e. through the application of lean processes)
- Data mining skills through MS-Excel (or Equivalent) Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning.
- Accuracy with attention to detail
- Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions
- Proactive approach
- Persuading and influencing others
- Can drive continuous process improvements.
- Proficient user of MS Office, Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Able to work with limited supervision
For further information on this Buyer/Planner role in Cork please contact Aoife O Reilly on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval